[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Do care homes have accounts you can top up for them to buy toiletries, personal things as needed? Or do you have to leave cash? Or can they use the person's bank card?
I thought my mum was okay in the care home she's moved into. I haven't spoken to her in days and today she rang me and I was so happy and I said how are you and she said awful I don't want to stay here if I have to stay here any longer I'll do something silly.....i think part of it is she is on a fl...
Hello My mum has just moved into a care home. I think I need to have a proper chat with the home about this but I just wondered how other people manage..... When my mum is getting low on toiletries she will ring me and tell me but because of her memory issues she sometimes forgets certain things. Th...
I feel so hopeless at the minute :(. My mum needs permanent residential care. I am young and feel guilty that I can no longer look after her at home because her needs are too great/complex. But now what I am most worried about is that I will not be able to place her into an appropriate care home bec...
Yes, I was pressured by Social Services, even when they knew I'd had major life saving surgery and had a healing 12" scar right across my stomach!!! You are doing the right thing, just keep saying "NO" very loudly. There are some things to consider. Does mum own or rent her home? Does she have over...
Hi there I really don’t know what to do and am urgently looking for some advice please!! My mum has been my dads full time carer for approx 9 years, he has MSA. She has been amazing looking after him and has gone above and beyond with his care. During COVID-19 she shielded him but stopping daily ca...
Hi I feel really pressured at the minute by social services to care for my mum. I have cared for her 7 years and can't cope anymore. I'm young, I want to live my life. She's in a home at the minute but I get the impression the social worker thinks im going through a bad patch and may care for her ag...
https://www.which.co.uk/later-life-care/financing-care/care-home-finance/local-authority-funding-for-a-care-home-arxsk9l8qzzr https://www.which.co.uk/later-life-care/financing-care/care-home-finance/financial-assessment-calculations-for-residential-care-a4grv0y99sru What isn’t included in a financi...
Hi please help, I'm new to this and really confused. My mum may need permanent residential care. Before you read on, I'd like to clarify my mum has below the £14,250 in savings and doesn't own a home and has no assets. There is a home I spoke to yesterday that may be good for her. I asked how much t...
Hi anyone who lives in Nottingham area does anyone have any experience/review of residential care of Nottingham Brain Injury and Neurological Care Centre based in Hucknall please? Thanks