[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I had counselling to help me set my priorities clearly, something I'd never really done before. My son had to come first because he had SLD and couldn't speak up for himself. Mum, housebound for years with a variety of problems, could speak up for herself and could pay for whatever care she needed....
Karen A Home is a council's last resort as it is the most expensive option. They start at 2 or 3 daily calls to her home for personal care and food. They won't be thinking that for along time yet Thank you all so much for your advice I will let you know how the Assessment goes tomorrow, Hopefully w...
Hi Karen Have you and your sister had a recent Carer's Assessment? They may incorporate that with Mum's Assessment but if not arrange for one urgently. Do not say that you can easily help Mum in any way (even if you can and intend to) and do not let Mum claim she can do it herself when you know she...
At one time my husband and I were juggling the needs of all four elderly disabled parents and disabled son. My husband died of a heart attack soon after his father died, I developed a life threatening illness and needed urgent major surgery. You CANNOT care for mum as well. Tell Social Services tha...
At one time my husband and I were juggling the needs of all four elderly disabled parents and disabled son. My husband died of a heart attack soon after his father died, I developed a life threatening illness and needed urgent major surgery. You CANNOT care for mum as well. Tell Social Services tha...
Thankyou Melly1 The assessment is for My Mum both Myself and my Sister will be at the meeting We are both taking our Sons Pip awards that state what help they need My Son scored 44 points for daily living and 24 points for Mobility My Nephew Scored Roughly the same Hopefully Social Services will see...
Hi Both Myself and My Sister are full time Carers for our Adult Sons My Elderly Mum was admitted to hospital and on discharge was given 6 weeks free care package. This came to and end last thursday and My mum was told that she does not qualify for further care. The Senior care manager has Blatentely...