[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
SORRY Hannah looks like I've done the same, wrong thread. You are not a pushy mum, you are brilliant. She agreed to let you have some info, great. I'm glad they haven't gone the anti depressant route straight away, looking a her needs individually, a good team. I hope you are still eating and lookin...
Mizzcheef My circumstances are very different to yours. Recently lost my lovely husband. Dementia, strokes low potassium and severe bowel problems. I haven't felt the need for antidepressants, but many relatives of residents in the nursing home my hubby was in really were helped very much with anti...
Just because YOU don't like anti depressants doesn't mean that they are no good for anyone. I have been a carer for 40 years. Most of the time my mental health is OK, but every so often something really gets to me, then I can't get any proper sleep. It's no fun going to sleep at midnight and waking...
I understand her. I don't want to be here either. I don't self harm, but the black dog has sharp teeth. Is she on anti depressants? If not ADVISE STRONGLY AGAINST THEM. THEY ARE EVIL. Is she self medicating? She is still here, that is the tiny silver thread that holds her. That's a good thing. She n...
Ah, the old kill myself routine, yes mum loved that one too most of my life, before her dementia. Call his bluff, I did. Victims status is another form of controlling. She realised after a while I wasn't interested in platitudes, just actions, took that power away. I advised her divorce him if she h...
FOLLOW THE MONEY
Wow, sounds like my life. Has your dad always had controlling issues? Happy chappy when all going well, in his own environment. Well liked by everyone but different at home? If so, look up narcissism and frontotemporal dementia. That's what I think my father has. A man who is simply always right. A ...
Hi, I'm new too. You feeling guilty is a waste of good energy. You are not guilty. I deal with emotions by compartmentalising, being subjective and emotionally distanced. It works for me. Totally honesty is very difficult to handle and is often body-swerved. So it catches a person out later down the...
Hi and thank you for a reply. New girl, trying to get email alerts, didn't work, whoops. Mum has enough in her total estate that she would have to self fund. I'm supposed to live at home. I have lived on non residential land elsewhere for years. That is a WHOLE different can of worms. Not good. My l...
Hello folks, I'm not sure about all this, don't like to share. I find myself in a bind and not sure who to ask or trust. Here goes. Mum with dementia. Still a bit mobile, sort of communicates 87. No LPA. Was uber talented but largely unfulfilled. Used victim status as power for most of my life. Fath...