[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Please can you tell us more about dad's illness. If he is very seriously ill, are you are of NHS Continuing Healthcare? Do you feel it is realistic for him to remain at home much longer? Sorry it's been a while - too busy challenging the council! My Dad has Parkinson's/MSA. Main problem is extremel...
Well, I've tried an alternative solution (see second post) but I seem to have come unstuck with this one too - the council are playing hardball! Mabel.
I recently gave up work as a self-employed PA and started caring for my seriously ill father 5 days a week full-time. He lives 200 miles away so I need to stay over and travel home at weekends, but the carer's allowance payments did not even cover my mortgage payments never mind transport and living...
I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. My Dad has needed 24-hour supervision since acute illness in January so I quit my job and claimed Carer's Allowance in the full knowledge that I would need to find an alternative financial solution to enable me to keep paying my new mortgage pretty quickly...