[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
What I think is incredibly unfair is that at the moment people with savings are still eligible for DLA, but once they are forced to move to UC, savings will be taken into account. So anyone who has saved for their old age, will have to live off that money until it dwindles to below the threshold an...
silkrain wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:06 am
@WhizzyWoo1954

Thank you for the info :)

I haven't received anything in my bank account so I'm a bit unsure whether I'm eligible or not. Fingers crossed.
It could go into your bank account anytime between now and the end of this month.
bowlingbun wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:00 am
What about those who haven't transferred across from Income Support to UC?
Income support is on the list of qualifying means tested benefits. More information here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... 6-may-2022
Receiving Carer's Allowance will not stop you receiving the Cost of Living payment. As long as you received some UC between the qualifying dates of 26 April 2022 to 25 May 2022 you will receive the first half of the £650 payment. It is due to go into people's bank accounts between today and the end ...
PIP won't affect the Council tax reduction or the ESA. Carer's Allowance may affect the Council tax reduction and also the ESA, However being a Carer often means that you get more of a means tested benefit by giving you a Carer's premium. Is the ESA all Contributions based or is some or all of it In...
I haven't experienced the delays in payments you have but will outline what used to happen when I was self employed. I was self employed when I first claimed Carer's Allowance. I received the form asking for business expenses and returned this together with a copy of my latest profit and loss accoun...
Both my husband and myself receive the SDP on Pension Credit.

I have an underlying entitlement to Carer's Allowance for caring for my husband but that doesn't stop him receiving the SDP.

I assume it would be the same for ESA but not sure.
Hello, I’m new to this site and obviously posting I am carer for elderly mum and son, but obvs only get carers allowance for one, I do a round trip of 40/60 miles most days in my caring roles, my carers allowance has been stopped this week with no warning, after the most frustrating time of trying ...
Please can you help me, I have claimed for Attendance Allowance in January and received 1 text message from the DWP which said that they have received my claim on the 10 February 2022 and have not anything since then, it is now 6 weeks gone. I am claiming as my wife has got Parkinson's disease. Are...
Before I retired I used to receive Carer's Allowance and I was self employed. Every year the Carer's Department would write to me with a big long form to complete regarding my income from self employment. I could either fill the questions asked with income and expenditure details. Or, because I had ...