[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Bowling Bun I absolutely agree with you. You had it much worse than me with 5 of your family to have to deal with and I admire your strength and fortitude. I too blame the care system, social services and basically any Government (its departments) the NHS and any other institution involved. There is...
Bowling Bun she has only been classed as end of life due to age and fragility. She has no real physical health problems that cause her difficulties only the fact that her mobility is now almost non-existent and that is due to the fact that when she broke her second hip in 2019 she refused to do any ...
Breezy - thank you so much for responding and letting me know of your experiences. I have tried time and time again over the past 5 years especially to get her GP to see how bad things really are. To be fair to them they have now put her on the lowest level of the palliative care pathway (because of...
I have writtten on here many times about my 102 year old mother and the dreadful difficulties I have encountered so I won’t bore you again they are available to read if you search my threads This particular comment is about hospitalisation, occupational therapists and social services. So many times ...
Pet 66 - Thank you. Its all about trying to let people know they are not the only ones in such a horrible situation and thinking, what you perceive to be, nasty thoughts. I had only ever known people who had what I termed "nice" mums and felt that I was the bad one for thinking the way I did. It was...
Sparklequeen The only thing I can say to you is be strong and true to yourself. I can empathise entirely. It is very demoralising and soul-destroying if you are just trying to do your best and you are forever in the wrong. I do realise that my mother is very unhappy with her life and her current sit...
Bowling Bun and Melly1 thank you for taking the time to read the post and for your kind comments
I have been caring for my mother who is now 102 and still refuses to go into any home type environment for the last 10 years. She is stubborn and very nasty having reported me to the police and social services many times. I have been through so many safeguarding meeting I could take up advising as a...
Hello Karen. I don’t know if you found a resolution for yourself, your sister and your mum but in case you didn’t I’ll tell you of my experience and how, in the end, I had to deal with it. My mother who is now 102 refused and still refuses to go into any home type environment. She is stubborn like y...
Posting this as I hope my experience may help others. As you will see earlier in this post, I cut contact with my mother after 7+ years of abuse became all too much for my mental health wellbeing and told social services they would need to help/assist her in the future. My advice now to anyone else ...