[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Hilary. Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear about all this. BPD is a hard condition to deal with. Not just for the sufferer, but loved ones too. Sertraline is commonly prescribed for BPD and can be very effective alongside Amitriptaline, too. It sounds like the doctors are on the right track....
I'm really sorry to hear all this. You most certainly don't deserve to feel this uncomfortable in your own home. I definitely echo the advice about SS. Feeling this uncomfortable in your own home for such a long period isn't going to do much for your mental health, especially as it sounds like you'r...
Thank you, Melly. The hobbies have really helped. Going in to school to do some work for next year with work pals has really helped too.

I think, in the nicest possible way, my partner and I have been spending too much time with each other.
Hi Wayne,

Echoing what's been said here already but too much expectation is being placed on you. He may enjoy your company and "cry wolf" as a result. But he needs to respect that you have a family to take care of.

How does your wife react to this?
Melly, I'm glad you were able to have done time for yourself and meet with your friend. I think the discussion has been helpful but it will take time to see if it's had a lasting impact. There are things we still might disagree on but we've compromised and made changes where we can. I think employin...
BowlingBun, I'm so sorry to hear all this. It must be very challenging but rewarding to see your son see so much progress. Well done to both of you for making such a huge achievement. It must be really tough to lose something that you've invested so much in, but I'm glad it's helped you. Thank you f...
Hi MrsA. Thank your comments. We've had a long serious discussion and have agreed to share out tasks more equally. My partner and I agreed that I've taken on too much myself and that she needs to do more for herself. Her limitations are both physical and neurological, so we had to break the PIP asse...
Thank you, SunnyDisposition. My girlfriend didn't have these issues when we met two and a half years ago. She was a theatre assistant at a private hospital, so she's finding it really hard to cope with such a drastic change. She's going to attend psychotherapy as part of her pain management. She's s...
Thank you, BowlingBun. We weren't even aware of the Social Services Needs Assessment and I know my partner is very keen to find extra support that will take a load off me. Those are really good tips and we'll certainly give them a go. It sounds like you've been through a tremendous amount and I take...
Thank you for your reply, BowlingBun. My partner said she feels I put too much on myself. She feels I do too much when there are things that she can do. I do most of the household cleaning - floors, dusting, bathroom, kitchen - the cooking, helping her in and out of the shower, sorting out her drink...