[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I love you guys, its 2:05 in the Morning and Mums carers will be here in less than 5 hours. I think as long as we don't get the terrible duo I will be happy. Breaking News: One half of the terrible duo pulled me aside and told me she was quitting and to keep it a secret. She'd told Mum first as she...
At a safeguarding meeting I raised rhe issue of travel time between visits. I was assured most clearly by both LA and care agency that travel time is TOTally separate from care time! Just how the staff get to and from clients is for the agency to schedule. How well they do that in practice is anoth...
I’m trying to find any useful information around maintaining healthy skin for a geriatric female with double incontinence - we have managed great for around 30 months using Sudocrem for any first signs of bedsores or irritation and everything has been fine until the DN withdrew its use and provided...
Hello, Stephen, If agency staff (and I will not call them care, because very few actually seem to) are paid to be in your mother's home for an hour, then allowing for travelling to and from other calls, you should be receiving at least 45 minutes. We have experienced similar and so many complaints h...
Marian, As your brother needs help with finances, I would strongly suggest that you become his DWP Appointee, so that you take charge of his benefits and make sure all bills are paid from your "appointee" account. It's a really quick and easy process unless you have a murky past! I suspect your bro...
Thank you all for your advice. It is much appreciated. My brother is 61 years old, i am 5 years his junior. And his doctor says he is "of full capacity". I have submitted (late!) the form for PIP, and have told my brother that I will leave him to it if he continues to be so bull-headed. (I think he ...
Hi Just wondered what your experiences of District Nurses have been like and what ,if anything you do to get the best out of the service? My father has only had visits for the past six weeks and I’ve been really disappointed. They haven’t turned up on a number of ocassions (are meant to administer ...
Hello, brand new poster here, so please forgive me if this has been asked a lot. I've been caring for my brother, who had a stroke 16 years ago, which left him with left-side weakness. He received a full assessment from a social worker last week, and she seemed to think I should have been opening an...