[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thank you, because of this forum (probably you!), I did the Attendance Allowance and she was awarded the higher level around £92pw, and I did the Council tax and that has stopped and been reimbursed I think (must check).

I will get to work on the chic, thank you so much.
Hi bowlingbun, thank you for answering. Luckily I am a strong woman 🤨 I’m just coming from a point of little knowledge, and this all feels a bit ‘you don’t know what you don’t know’. I find this forum so helpful. I’ve bookmarked the Grogan case to read and pull together some info to back me up. She ...
Thank you so much Charles, very much appreciated.
I completely forgot to add the other spanner in the works - at the weekend I tested positive for covid. Today I’ve lost my sense of smell and my vision has gone off kilter, and I’d course I am feeling hellish guilty because I just cannot visit mum.
Thank you, do you mean pay a private OT to see her once she’s home?
Okay I know this is a how long is a piece of string question but is there something else I should be doing? Mum has an Alzheimer’s diagnosis, confirmed in January 2022. Gets higher level attendance allowance. Has a self funded carer once a day. I have POA for finance only, for whatever reason mum di...
Hi all, I applied for Attendance allowance for my mum probably a couple of months ago and have received back the POA which I had to send with it. I’ve not heard anything else, is this the norm? Should we expect a letter or form? Sorry to ask, I’m sure the answer is on this forum somewhere but I cann...
Hi both, yes I upgraded her alarm straight away to one which ‘registers a sudden cha get in altitude’. Have to say that did make me laugh a bit as she only about 4’8” now.
Thank you very much for replying . House is owned. I have lpa for finance which I enacted earlier this year, she doesn’t understand money very well now. She will be self funding and I’m paying for the carers (she won’t understand any of this). I can find all the financial stuff easily. Mum likes the...
After a few years of slow decline which speeded up during COVID my mum has finally been diagnosed with dementia and Alzheimer’s. She scored 68/100 in her test, ten months ago it was 82/100. I’m trying to process it in my mind and work out what happens next for her and for me without rushing too much...