[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hello, Not to be disrespectful to you, but it sounds rather horrible (and borderline negligent) on the part of your mother that at this late stage of her life she has not taken the time to properly plan on your brothers future without her. These days it is a common thing for those with severe/compl...
Are you in touch with your local Mencap? Maybe talk to them about the options for your brother in his area. Moving out does NOT mean not seeing mum ever again, your brother's care plan would include time to see mum. Once she gets used to this, she might find it incredibly helpful to know that he is...
Chris, perhaps you should tackle this from another angle. Are their plans in place for what will happen to your brother when your Mum is too old/frail to care for him? If so, why not start putting that plan into action now? If there isn't a plan, then maybe it's time to start exploring the options ...
Thank you Jess and Bowlingbun for replying. I do not live with her but am 10 mins down the road. My Downe's Syndrome brother lives with her and I have to look out for him to make sure he is not getting unfair treatment from her. He is under social services but they are not there the whole time. I ca...
I will have to care for elderly Mum, 88. She is expecting me to take on the duties in return for what she and my father did for me. I have no children of my own so apparently I am ideally suited to take on this role. I think I would feel differently if she was more laid back and not dictating to me ...
My mum had a difficult time when I was growing up. I had a brother who had s heart condition and he died aged 7 (I was 9). Mum then had another child 10 years after that and he was born with Downes Syndrome. He still lives with Mum. Mum is 88 and both she and my brother now require increasing outsid...