[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hello, While its actually not the worst thing I have witnessed or heard about, its quite understandable to find these habits distressing. In the mind of the person doing it, its nowt out of the ordinary and rational behaviour. The references to childhood, or locations from the past (such as countri...
Hi Violet, I agree with Pet, don't get "bogged down" :lol: * by thinking too much about the toilet issue. Write down the concerns you want to raise and then focus on the lovely sunshine. There is info on dementia here https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/about-dementia Melly1 * don't take offence, I'm not...
Thanks all 🙂 No he's never lived abroad and the other thing I can think about him reverting to is that when mum was alive he was her carer and dealt with her toileting and commodes etc. He was her sole carer and is used to going to the loo being work and effort rather than something where you flush ...
Hello My Dad has recently confessed to some really weird toilet behaviour. He doesn't flush any solid waste away, he fishes it out in nappy bags and puts it in the bin. Does anyone have any experience of anyone doing this or similar? Is it a sign of anything ? His post hospital discharge psychiatric...
Thank you both, sorry I'm messing up replies ! Middle aged thumb's on a phone ....
Hello Sally Thank you ! It's so good you are all here. How old is dad? 88 What does he need help with? He won't admit to needing any help but he's struggling physically his home management , he's physically very weak and not eating or sleeping Does he have a particular diagnosis? Depression, polyar...
Thank you both - I will print out that hospital discharge info and take it with me.
Hello My Dad is elderly and growing frailer and more confused. After losing my Mum a year ago he's declined rapidly over the past few months but still thinks he can do everything himself. Yesterday he couldn't get out of bed and pressed his care alarm button for support. They came and rang his GP wh...
Hello Another newbie here - I found this place last night after an exhausting day of looking after my Dad's needs and running round like a headless chicken for him. I was just sat feeling guilty and overwhelmed and I need help, but who do I ask ???? A Google search found this site and made me feel I...