Cerinthe

I am now getting my mum into respite for a month with a view to getting her into permanent residential care.

I was simply honest with my Dr, he got an emergency team out 4 times a day, still coming, until she is placed there.

I pray you get some concrete help along these lines.
I'm in my 50s, my new wife in her 40s. We are embarking on a great adventure. Life can be very tough at times, but at best it can be a great adventure, but you have to go out there... It very rarely just plops in your lap!
Thanks for all the replies. After nearly a month of quite stressful situations, my mum is getting placed in respite for a month and then we are pushing for permanent residential care. I am not coping, capable nor quite frankly want to look after someone where I literally don't know what might happen...
"My mum has FTD dementia and since her diagnosis around a year and a half ago it has aggressively accelerated. She’s now at the stage where she mostly makes noises, rather than able to form any words and sentences. As she lived alone there has had to have been some big life changes. I typically trav...
Perhaps keep a log of incidents if and when they appear, try to be discreet as in don't walk directly into his path, which is annoying I know, and report it to the police if it ever steps over the line into violent threats, violence or throwing something at you or the house. Dementia or not, you sho...
"Am I alone in feeling hesitant in reaching out for help. My experience so far has been that we reach breaking point....contact GP or adult care team and then get passed from pillar to post. I can’t keep track of how many teams, who is who, different names, rapid response, crisis, support network, a...
Before I started to get a little life experience and so henceforth a little much needed wisdom, I would have weighed in on here with an angry opinionated venal reply about how your mum is an arrogant so-and-so and to give her a piece of your mind. If only life were so easy! Unfortunately, life is co...

Hi

My mum's memory is going, she is panicking about all kinds of things, can't sleep, is occasionally saying rather odd and curious things. I'm stressed and have been very stressed with it all. Like everyone else, I have other plans in life, including being married to a beautiful woman, and like some p...