[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Lizzie thanks for your reply. I have been getting support from someone at the Carers Trust - I have been able to call him whenever I've needed someone to talk to and he has kept on regular contact with me - checking up on how I'm doing. Thanks too for the names of the organisations to contact reg...
Hi Bowlingbun - yes she does have furniture - she still hasn't unpacked her belongings from when she moved back to the UK in March - everything is sitting in our garage. I'm sure it would help her to feel more settled if she can start to rebuild a home here. If she does go into this assisted living ...
Thanks for sharing your experience Sally. It's good to know other people share the same feelings and have experienced similar situations. I saw the social worker this morning - my mother was on her best behaviour - having said she didn't want to see the SW ever again she now thinks she is 'lovely'. ...
Thank you for all your replies. I woke up at 5am with the now familiar heart sink feeling that I've had since my mum moved back here. Her coming back has thrown up huge psychological issues for me. I have suffered from chronic anxiety for most of my life. It has been helpful to read from the comment...
Hi Bowlingbun she has a UK pension and Attendance Allowance plus she gets housing benefit here in the UK. I am applying for pension credit for her - they are phoning me tomorrow about her application - she is financially better off in the UK - I was unable to get any financial help for her in France.
Thanks for all your replies. My mum was previously living in France. I understand she has had a massive upheaval in her life plus she has left her partner of 18 years behind and she misses him. She was living in a beautiful village in rural France now she is living on a busy main road in a town. She...
I brought my mother back to the UK in March this year. She had lived abroad for 25 years. She agreed to come home - financially she could no longer afford to live abroad - there was no access to social funding. Plus she is 87 years old and frail - deaf++ and her mobility is poor - she walks with a r...