[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi there I took over providing my mother's care package at the beginning of April after she was informed she could employ a family member because of the circumstances. It was agreed by social services who said I was best placed to provide the package at that time. The council informed me to pay myse...
Hello George Here is the response from our Advice line team: Dear George, Thank you for your message. Usually, when you end a contract with an agency, there is a clause in the contract which states something along the lines of when the service user ends the contract, they would need to give one wee...
Thanks Jane much appreciated. Bowlingbun, that was the words of social services (deemed not to be meeting her needs), however that was after, and because of, my mother and myself cancelling the service which was mainly because there was no protective equipment. They had tried to get the equipment bu...
Hi everyone, My mother has Parkinsons and I recently took over providing my mother's care from early April, as the care company did not have protective equipment and we felt the risks were too big. My mother had previously been contacted by social care Scotland to inform her she was in a position to...
Hi all, I hope everyone's keeping well during these difficult times. I'm staying with my mum as I have replaced the care companys position for the duration of lockdown, and while that is going well I'm concerned at what seems to be a very rapid acceleration of dementia in my her. She has had Parkins...
Thanks.....the lady i initially spoke to sounded sincere.

What should i expect from them?
Thanks guys, finally managed to get through to age Scotland and an advisor will call me back later.
I hope everyone is keeping safe and well and coping in what is a very difficult time. My own challenges that I face stem from an on-going problems with current care company, the worry of risk to my mother who has Parkinson's through carers visiting, and my own personal situation and caring duties wh...
Chris From The Gulag wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:28 pm
Your welcome.

A pair of reading glasses in that Xmas stocking ?

And ... stay off that bottle of urine coloured Scotch water ?
Yes to both :lol: :lol:
Thanks you so much everyone I'm overwhelmed by the amount of helpful advice. Lots to look at. The social worker also said the only care company the she could find that can manage attending at my mums meditation times, have said the minimum they can do if they are to take it on is one hour per visit....