[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
You're exactly right, Londonbound. It's just all so crazy to me how unnecessarily complicated and frustrating they make everything, and how they seem to defy all common sense with certain things. If you don't fit in the cookie cutter everything becomes a battle. Surely it makes more sense logistical...
You're not wrong, nothing is likely to ever change, but this isn't the only area where there's no consideration for the fact that carers have lives/responsibilities, beyond sitting and waiting for the arrival of assistance their housebound caree needs. Everyone has to fit the cookie cutter or comply...
I really don't see how your length of experience with caring is relevant? I've been caring for various members of my family since I was 8 years old, and I'm 45 in March! How is that relevant to this issue? If I'm taken ill then my partner will step in. If it's an absolute emergency then we have othe...
I cannot force someone to have a key safe if it makes them feel unsafe! It's not a solution in the slightest. My partners caree has mental health and cognitive issues and does not do well with strangers, and also requires someone they trust to be present to relay/retain information and manage mood w...
None of them want a key safe. We know a few people who have had trouble as a result of getting them fitted with anything from house insurance to thefts. Also with them not wanting anyone in the house because of COVID it wouldn't really resolve anything.
Hi everyone. Bit of a rant ahead, Just curious if anyone has this shared experience with housebound people and getting home visits from doctors/district nurses/etc? I find myself increasingly more and more frustrated by how home visits are run. From what I've experienced, there is a distinct lack of...
Just out of curiosity.... Is there any way to register as having a disability without claiming benefits? When you think of all the people who get rejected for PIP and the folks who try hard to work with severe disabilities, surely there's a way to show you have additional needs/struggles without inv...
Hey everyone, Discovered this week that my uncle has having some really serious health symptoms that point in a very troubling direction. He and his son are pushing the GP to action investigations but they are just stalling. Mean while my uncle and his mental/physical health is deteriorating, and my...
Hey everyone, hope you are all well! I just have a quick question regarding how your GP's and your caree's GP's handle long term health conditions. If you or the person/people you care for have long term health conditions requiring monitoring either due to the medications they take or because of pot...
Pipsy,

Do you have any links to the recent changes in rules on this? Would be very interested to see what's been said.

Thanks.