I don't know how it works with the Ombudsman element, and how they want you to go through all the complaints procedure before getting them involved, BUT I was told not to bother with the council complaints procedure at all, and just write straight to the monitoring officer. Apparently they're more l...
I may be wrong, but maybe the police can access the call where talk of money as well as the dreadful call can be tracked? AJ, any thoughts? As far as I'm aware, they can't access actual recordings of telephone calls that happened prior to police involvement, simply because once a call is ended that...
Faye, this is awful! I feel terrible for you, my mother experienced something very similar with her father as he was very easily "lead" into joining in bitching about other members of the family. But others are right - as much as it hurts - you should be mad about this, but don't act immediately. Ta...
Just curious if anyone knows (not sure it's clarified in any of the guidance ) how long it should take for a social worker to complete an annual review of someone's direct payments? Is anyone experiencing delays in their reviews being completed? How long have you had to wait for the process to be co...
Does anyone know if Scotland have to abide by the Care Act? Because I'm seeing more and more reports like this https://www.glasgowsouthandeastwoodextra.co.uk/news/people/thousands-back-east-renfrewshire-family-s-bid-to-get-care-reinstated-for-severely-disabled-woman-1-5012488 where their local gover...
I really hate to say this, but does anyone else get the impression there's a big push for forcing (read: "leaving them with no other option") people into care homes, especially older people, because of the law on care caps changes in April 2020? Apparently from that point they can only charge someon...
Thanks Chris, it's an odd one, isn't it. Well, basically a social worker has decided to try and impose care cuts on my sister in law, despite there being no change in her level of need. They are chomping at the bit to force her into a care home, and claiming that what they pay for her care at home i...
Hello again all, Just wondering if anyone can tell me - would someone have a leg to stand on if they requested a delay in a review/assessment from social services, until they had received all the data they'd requested under a subject access request? I feel like it's kind of important for everyone to...
Thank you all again for your replies and insight. Honeybadger, I totally agree with you. It seems like councils will come for anyone's budget if they think they have a chance at snatching some funding back. I dread to think how many people are out there who have lost care/support because they either...
Chris, Londonbound, Rosemary, thank you all for the information. Can you tell me what level of need people with these care packages had? (eg physical/learning disability, elderly etc) Was their package always set that low, or had it been reduced at any point? Did anyone try to fight for more care? I...