[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Just out of curiosity.... Is there any way to register as having a disability without claiming benefits? When you think of all the people who get rejected for PIP and the folks who try hard to work with severe disabilities, surely there's a way to show you have additional needs/struggles without inv...
Hey everyone, Discovered this week that my uncle has having some really serious health symptoms that point in a very troubling direction. He and his son are pushing the GP to action investigations but they are just stalling. Mean while my uncle and his mental/physical health is deteriorating, and my...
Hey everyone, hope you are all well! I just have a quick question regarding how your GP's and your caree's GP's handle long term health conditions. If you or the person/people you care for have long term health conditions requiring monitoring either due to the medications they take or because of pot...
Pipsy,

Do you have any links to the recent changes in rules on this? Would be very interested to see what's been said.

Thanks.
Does anyone know what the difference is between "bands"? Is it based on need/disability etc? I've Googled but can't seem to find any criteria or details on what the difference actually is.... In the past I've tried calling care homes to ask what the council will pay (since a new boot social worker ...
Thanks for the reassurance. The 15 minute idea is a good one, I will make sure that happens. :)
Hi everyone, My caree's had an essential piece of equipment breakdown today, and it's absolutely vital that it's repaired ASAP because it's unsafe right now. So a repair man is calling tomorrow with an eye to visit in the PM, and we are both extremely concerned about the risks. His company claim he'...
Similar situation. My caree is diabetic, and has notoriously terrible nails. I've been told to not touch their feet beyond applying moisturiser in case of damaging the nail in any way. The local NHS chiropodist service will only come out once every 6-8 weeks....but if you're not on them constantly t...
Thanks for this.

Does anyone know how long the results take? Is it an instant thing, or are you left wondering for a few days??
It may be a little too early to tell, but I'm wondering if anyone has already had any trouble with their paid carers/services yet regarding the national minimum wage increase from April 1st, and the Coronavirus Bill allowing local authorities being able to freely reduce funding? A couple of member's...