[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi everyone, Spent this afternoon going through some old care plans for a relative, and found something curious in regards to how our LA estimates their direct payment budget. It seems to be done on some kind of points based system, but there's no real information provided in the care plan about how...
The Care Act also says the client should be able to choose who they want "including friends and family". Yes, it seems the exceptional circumstances umbrella is just a get out of jail free card to help local authorities dodge paying unpaid family carers. I mean, hell, can you imagine them accuratel...
Hi everyone, So after years of being messed around by care agencies, my next door neighbour is being moved to a direct payment so he can control his own carers. He'd really like to employ his son, who's been acting as an unpaid carer since childhood. However, the son has some health issues of his ow...
Hi Melly,

Mine was the same, as were my carees, but apparently this past week they've given up on all the on-site precautions, which just seems like a huge gamble to me. You still can't get an appointment for love nor money, but they seem to have stopped caring who they let in the buildings.
Hi everyone, Just curious what everyone's experience is with their GP's or local hospital's at the moment? And how you all feel about the lifting or relaxing of restrictions in healthcare settings? Previously at my local surgery the main door had been locked, and you had to ring the bell to get some...
You're exactly right, Londonbound. It's just all so crazy to me how unnecessarily complicated and frustrating they make everything, and how they seem to defy all common sense with certain things. If you don't fit in the cookie cutter everything becomes a battle. Surely it makes more sense logistical...
You're not wrong, nothing is likely to ever change, but this isn't the only area where there's no consideration for the fact that carers have lives/responsibilities, beyond sitting and waiting for the arrival of assistance their housebound caree needs. Everyone has to fit the cookie cutter or comply...
I really don't see how your length of experience with caring is relevant? I've been caring for various members of my family since I was 8 years old, and I'm 45 in March! How is that relevant to this issue? If I'm taken ill then my partner will step in. If it's an absolute emergency then we have othe...
I cannot force someone to have a key safe if it makes them feel unsafe! It's not a solution in the slightest. My partners caree has mental health and cognitive issues and does not do well with strangers, and also requires someone they trust to be present to relay/retain information and manage mood w...
None of them want a key safe. We know a few people who have had trouble as a result of getting them fitted with anything from house insurance to thefts. Also with them not wanting anyone in the house because of COVID it wouldn't really resolve anything.