[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
And I bet, without exception, these parents have called everyone of us selfish- just because we won’t do exactly what they want us to do. My 87 year old mother’s latest caper is to kick off and refuse to take her medication from the carers I have arranged. I live two hours away so I end up having to...
This clearly isn't going to stop, especially given her history. I would suggest leaving the answerphone on, and then recording them or invite the social worker to listen to them. They will amount to compelling evidence so whilst I'm sure you don't ever want to listen to them again as they upset you...
This thread is resonating so strongly with me! 90 YO mother recently discharged from hospital. NHS insisting that she has 24/7 domiciliary care - we think she would have been so much better mentally and socially in residential care (as home care hasn’t been very successful before) but she was adaman...
Received a text message from a friend of MIL who visited her this evening. MIL not happy at all, doesn’t know why she has come home. Her friend told her it was her choice and that we had arranged a lovely residential home for her. Her reply was, “Why didn’t they tell me? It was taken out of my hands...
It’s already sounding interesting. Received a phone call from one of MIL’s friends who lives along her road and with whom she had an informal part time care arrangement several months ago. She had a phone call from the care agency manager asking if she could possibly spend tonight with MIL as the ca...
Thank you all for your continuing advice. Chris, you are right, we DO need legal advice. I had a look at the CHC test case you recommended and it’s heartening to see that some people do take on the authorities- and win. We’ve been completely bulldozed by SS and this SW in particular. He’s disregarde...
Sadly, SS have overridden all our concerns and recommendations and are in the process today of moving MIL back into the house. We were threatened with all sorts of legal action if we prevented her return. We have already received a call requesting that we go shopping for provisions for her arrival a...
Email received from SW. I am so upset and disgusted with this. How dare he tell us to justify our actions and try to pile on emotional blackmail regarding MIL’s mental state! “My understanding of the situation is that you currently own the property (since 2012) and that you have agreed for 'T’to sta...
Thank you so much for your replies. I asked for a CHC before discharge - and was told that, “this county (Wiltshire) is unique in that we don’t do them in hospital.” :angry: I quite agree. MIL was clearly discharged previously before she was well enough and consequently, has ended back in hospital -...
In a nutshell, my 90 year old MIL has been in and out of hospital for the last three with spinal stenosis, diverticulitis and a severely arthritic hip. Before that, she lived independently. After her hospital admission in April, the NHS decided she needed 24/7 domiciliary care upon discharge. It did...