Hello Helen, I'm also new. Bless you, you are exhausted. Thank goodness that you have a little bit of help. I don't have any long term experience of caring for an elderly relative. You need to explain to your OH just how exhausted you are, you have your own health problems and need time and space to...
Hello all, thank you for your replies. We now have the results of the CT scan. My lovely hubs has a mass on his left lung. Our doctor has referred his to the lung clinic under the 2 week wait criteria. He has an appointment on the 29th July. I go from feeling like a warrior to feeling angry and sad....
Hello Kristy. Many years ago, my mum had problems with her 'nerves'. BPD wasn't a diagnosis at the time. My dad couldn't cope and decided to work permanent nights, my sister left home and went to college. I was approximately 16 and was left to cope with everything. Like your partner, mum refused to ...
Hello Sarah. It must be a worry for you. Whenever you do, don't try and do it on your own. I think getting a removable company to help with the bed etc is a good idea. I'm assuming that dad has a downstairs toilet? Does dad have anyone come in? That could be a good place to start. I hope that you ge...
Jas, you are not at fault here. Has mum always been like this? You should try and find her some respite care, or a residential home. It sounds as though she needs a complete review of her medication. You need a break. Your own health is suffering. Go and see your GP explain how you are feeling, if t...
Hello all, thank you for your replies.
I don't mean post and run. Everything seems to on hold until we get the scan results.

Xx
When my hubs was diagnosed with pressure sores, it was exactly as Ayjay has said. Within a week, he had an air cushion for the chair and a pressure mattress. They are still coming three times a week, even though his back is almost healed. No problems whatsoever with creams or dressings. Go and see m...
We don't get any help from Social Services. We have had a lot of support from the District Nurses, they come in three times a week to re-dress a pressure sore. We also have a supportive Dietician, she has sent a referral to the OT to see if they can offer any help. Our GP calls in to see him. I don'...
My hubs s has had Rheumatoid arthritis for over 30 years, he is now 76. His mobility is very limited. He had a stroke approximately 3 years ago and now has limited vision. Since January he has had a low blood count, iron tablets . They kept his blood from dropping further. Since stopping , his blood...
Hello Chris.
Thank you for your lovely welcome.
A friend suggested that I join, I'm not sure that I need anything at the minute.
My hubs has an appointment for a CT scan on the 10th, I just may need scraping up after that!