Hello Tim i am a carer for my 86 year old mother who has had dementia for over 10 years i would say i know what its like and can be very stressful and i have allso broken down and cryed many times and it is very hard to deal with but there is a lot of orgarnizations who can support and help you such...
Hello to all the other carers on this forum i just had to post we cares have a wide range of situations and problems who ever we care for weather it is us or the loved ones we care for mine mite seem miner up to other carers. i am not sure i was badly let down by a person who was a carer for my moth...
Hi Diane i did post last week but had to post again regarding the post phil posted you i am in the same situation as phil my 85 year old mother as you know has dementia and it is very hard to get out and meet other people of our age group there should be some kind of clubs for carers of our age grou...
Hello Bernice i read your post and had to reply i know how very hard it is on a daily basis i have been a carer for my 85 year old mother who has had vascular dementia for over 10 years after suffering a stroke in 2005 my mother has been a window for 40 years so i have allways looked after her since...
Hello Diane i read your post and its very similar to mine i joined cares uk last week as a member and i look after my 85 year old mother with dementia which i have been doing for over 10 years and before that since 2005 when my mother had a stroke and it is very hard at times and can take its toll o...
Hello Stephen i know what you are going through my mum has had dementia like your mother for over 10 years i like you am a carer for my mother we do have like you carers who come 5 times a week i know it is and can be very uppsetting but it is not your mother it is the illness my mother allso at tim...
Hello my mother as you know from past posts has dementia and i am allways trying to lift her spirits by thinking what else can i do to make her happy so this morning i washed and dressed her we do not have carers call weekends so i painted her nails for her and sorted some nice things to ware she li...
Neve a truer word said Chris.
Thanks Chris yes you need to take the bull by the horns to have a carers group for people of my kind of age group who can chat about all sorts of things and have more in common there must be a lot of carers in my age field who will read this post that would think these clubs would be a very good idea.
Hello Chris i think your right maybe i could get involved in some charity work
and that would be a good idea just to be able to talk to people of my own age
i may feel better for it
anyway thanks for your advice Chris
best regards martin.