[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thank you for your advice. Mum was diagnosed about 18 months ago but since then she's had a major fall incorporating broken limbs and a new hip and was diagnosed with breast cancer just before Xmas. This habit oof going from one ailment to another in 5 minutes predates her dementia so it does make i...
Mum has always 'enjoyed' bad health. She always greeted us with one ailment or another but with her dementia things are getting worse. Ironically the dementia is the one illness whose existence she fiercely denies. When I arrive to sort her out I get a litany of ailments her head aches, her shoulder...
Thank you for your support. I think the worst of it is the sense of isolation and the responsibility of having to remember everything. It's exhausting. We may have had a small breakthrough today in that mum grumbled about how she couldn't remember things, I pointed out that she had dementia and she ...
Thanks for your reply. The problem with carers is going to be Mum herself unfortunately. She likes to complain but any suggestion that she might need help is met with a blank refusal. She just seems to want every free second of my time and even when the Ghost wafts in she's utterly hopeless. She won...
Apologies in advance if this all sounds like a misery memoir. Mum has steadily worsening dementia although she won't accept the diagnosis. She was also diagnosed with breast cancer before xmas (i'm still not sure how the nursing staff at the hospital missed a lump the size of a grapefruit when she w...
I'm fed up of worrying - I'm sure I'm not the only one. I finally told my Ghost Sister to take a running jump after she rang and frightened our poor mother to bits, screeching about the announcement they had 'just' made (this was yesterday) about people with respiratory conditions like asthma being ...
I'm in a very similar situation. My 83 year old mum has breast cancer and is in the early stages of dementia. She does fairly well but can't prepare herself a hot meal and needs 'chivvying' for self care and such like. We are both in the dreaded high risk category. I do an online shop for her - when...
Thanks for your support. I don't believe Mum has had a needs assessment - I certainly haven't had a carers assessment. It isn't that I mind looking after Mum as such it's my lazy what-not of a sister who thinks 'caring' involves turning up under duress, sitting on her bum with only the occasional tr...
Does anyone mind if I have a good, old fashioned rant??? Just to give you some background... my mum is in the early to mid stages of Alzheimers. She's managing well by and large, sometimes gets us mixed up and can't remember characters on the TV but she's holding it together. She fell badly last Aug...
Thank you for your support everyone. I'm trying not to be too much of a helicopter and encouraging Mum to do for herself and she does seem to be picking up. I think the problem to a certain extent is that while in hospital everything was done for her and she thinks she has forgotten everything. Now ...