[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I finally managed to persuade [bully] my Ghost Sister (GS) out of hiding about 3/4 weeks ago. When lockdown started she 0 insisted that she needed to shield due to COPD, a condition that she had never mentioned before or since. She later decided that she'd gone into lockdown to 'protect Mum' complet...
I've had a truly dreadful few days one way and another and I am so strung out. I'm going doolally thanks to a combination of my mother and my wet lettuce of a sister. How do you cope when you've got to the point of screaming 'shut the eff up, stop whinging'. (Mum goes from one ailment to the next wi...
You are all right of course. She didn't even notice that Mum was having problems with her memory until I mentioned it. Mum's friend and hairdresser mentioned it to me well before GS even grasped there was a problem. She is neglectful that is very true. Her habitual cry is 'no one told me, I didn't k...
My Ghost Sister pulled another stunt at the start of lockdown. Initially she insisted she had COPD which surprisingly she'd never mentioned before so absolutely could not risk coming to help look after Mum. Leaving me to struggle on my own. Not one phone call did I get to see if I was OK, nada! I fi...
Thank you for your advice. Mum was diagnosed about 18 months ago but since then she's had a major fall incorporating broken limbs and a new hip and was diagnosed with breast cancer just before Xmas. This habit oof going from one ailment to another in 5 minutes predates her dementia so it does make i...
Mum has always 'enjoyed' bad health. She always greeted us with one ailment or another but with her dementia things are getting worse. Ironically the dementia is the one illness whose existence she fiercely denies. When I arrive to sort her out I get a litany of ailments her head aches, her shoulder...
Thank you for your support. I think the worst of it is the sense of isolation and the responsibility of having to remember everything. It's exhausting. We may have had a small breakthrough today in that mum grumbled about how she couldn't remember things, I pointed out that she had dementia and she ...
Thanks for your reply. The problem with carers is going to be Mum herself unfortunately. She likes to complain but any suggestion that she might need help is met with a blank refusal. She just seems to want every free second of my time and even when the Ghost wafts in she's utterly hopeless. She won...
Apologies in advance if this all sounds like a misery memoir. Mum has steadily worsening dementia although she won't accept the diagnosis. She was also diagnosed with breast cancer before xmas (i'm still not sure how the nursing staff at the hospital missed a lump the size of a grapefruit when she w...
I'm fed up of worrying - I'm sure I'm not the only one. I finally told my Ghost Sister to take a running jump after she rang and frightened our poor mother to bits, screeching about the announcement they had 'just' made (this was yesterday) about people with respiratory conditions like asthma being ...