Thank you for your support everyone. I'm trying not to be too much of a helicopter and encouraging Mum to do for herself and she does seem to be picking up. I think the problem to a certain extent is that while in hospital everything was done for her and she thinks she has forgotten everything. Now ...
Bowlingbun My Mum has always looked after me and is a great Mum she had me very young bless her, it's just been me and her. She has Bipolar disorder and gets in catatonic like states too. So she has high care needs. Her own mothers not very supportive so I didn't want her to be left at her mercy. I...
One of Mum's reablement support workers noticed that Mum had a large dimple in her right breast on Monday. I wondered if she had just laid funny in bed and asked my GS if she would get the evening shift to have a look and see if it had gone. Of course GS just didn't bother so we were none the wiser ...
Mum has 'reablement' carers coming in. They are meant to encourage her to do what she used to do before the fall and the hip replacement. Mum has a bit of Stockholm Syndrome and is struggling to adapt to the outside world. She's got used to stuff being brought to her etc and now she's being encourag...
It is LONG overdue to be honest. Our family motto seems to be 'least said, soonest mended'. :roll: My nickname as a child was Vesuvius because I had such a temper and I was never one for a controlled explosion unfortunately. I'm nervous of letting rip once I start and all sorts of ancient history wi...
I'm sorry you are having such a struggle. I can really sympathise. You have to wonder sometimes why it all has to be so flipping hard. I'm constantly making lists - this needs doing, that needs ordering, have I arranged for this to be done - it messes with your head in the worst way. It is too easy ...
Teflon raincoat is just about the best word for it. My GS has always managed to dodge any sort of responsibility unfortunately. It's been a life long problem. Feigned incompetence. She seems to be of the opinion only she has any sort of life. I should be used to it by now considering her extensive h...
I would agree with some of the other posters about a complaint going against this horrible woman. She's getting what must be an inappropriate top up to her wages and has the nerve to screech about you when on one occasion you forget this payment. Ungrateful mare! She had no business ranting to your ...
Not to hijack the post but compulsive behaviour like this can drive you nuts. My mother is currently a tissue collector. She will use a tissue to blow her nose or whatever, fold it minutely and tuck it somewhere on her person then when she moves around there's a trail of paper tissues following her....
Most of Mum's reablement support team have been gems I'm glad to say. It just twangs a nerve when someone bitches about a minor glitch when you've been running yourself ragged to get so far. I can't do everything but you are left feeling that it is all your fault over a dozen or more minor issues es...