“This is lovely. Absolutely. I have been telling myself that from the start. I'm more useful as a sane person then insane is also what I tell myself every day. My son does not need me all the time so I work part time.” I think it’s not just a healthy thing to do, but is essential in coping with the ...
Thank you for such a lovely message, Pet66. It certainly didn’t feel like bravery during the last two years, but actually, looking back, I’m very proud of myself for having risen above it and/or coped with it all. There were countless late nights, sitting, staring at the stars, crying, wondering how...
Hi All, Sorry for no response for ages, but things have been really chaotic. There’s been a very positive update in terms of my ex partner’s mental health, and he seems to be finally coming out of the fog. I’ve been supporting him where I can, whilst keeping my distance. I’ve seen this as being two-...
Hi Emma I’ve had a similar experience. I was with my partner for 13 years, of which the last 3, possibly 4, became a nightmare descent into mental illness and abuse. Looking back, there had been the odd, one-off red flag to warn me, but they were so few and far between, that I put them down to drink...
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my post, Mrs A. I genuinely thank you for the advice you’ve given. I know in my heart of hearts that it’s time to move on, but it’s just so difficult when you still love someone. I was talking to my friend, and I likened it to the opposite of a gho...
Hi all, I’m new to this site, so please forgive me if I don’t follow any guidelines as I’m learning! I’m not sure why I’m writing this. I guess I just need a bit of support from people who understand what I’m going through. My partner of almost 13 years seems to be suffering from delusional disorder...