[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Just that really. I was phoned at work to ask me about the magazine and advise me of helplines. I was somewhat surprised as I didn’t think I’d shared either my telephone number or my real name. The caller was polite so I didn’t query anything about the call but was a bit perturbed afterwards. Anyon...
Thank you. I was a little surprised and was going to ask where they got my details but I was at work, taken by surprise and totally confused by the call. Nothing untoward about the conversation but totally unsought contact by telephone
Just that really. I was phoned at work to ask me about the magazine and advise me of helplines. I was somewhat surprised as I didn’t think I’d shared either my telephone number or my real name. The caller was polite so I didn’t query anything about the call but was a bit perturbed afterwards. Anyone...
I found as well you do get referred to a lot of services that are no use what’s so ever ( I’m sure they would suit some people) but when we where offered a charity befriending service it seemed like a brilliant idea until they explained that they didn’t do “dementia” and couldn’t help with toilet d...
Actually I think I need to start a diary which logs everything. It all seems so chaotic and I don’t have answers quickly. That might help me
CHC help might be good when I have the energy to tackle a fight. [/i] Given your present caring situation , how long before that alternative becomes paramount ... could even be tomorrow ? We all know that one's caring role can become intolerable virtually overnight ... with no hope of improvement a...
Nearest admiral nurses location is 30 miles away sadly. Am I alone in feeling hesitant in reaching out for help. My experience so far has been that we reach breaking point....contact GP or adult care team and then get passed from pillar to post. I can’t keep track of how many teams, who is who, diff...
CHC help might be good when I have the energy to tackle a fight. They have over £46000 in savings I think (I’m not involved in their financial affairs yet although I have LPOA) It may be less but he put all their savings in mum’s name as she didn’t pay tax. That sounds a lot. Not knowing how long th...
Thank you. I’m exhausted but will read this tomorrow and reply. It’s nice just to speak with others who understand
Mum advanced dementia but still able to feed herself and walk. Incontinent sometimes, aggressive sometimes, often doesn’t sleep, agitated, uncooperative but can be slowly coaxed, cajoled and encouraged to most things. Dad full time carer, has no life, no friends and little time to himself. I work fu...