John, I think you have to make it very clear to your lady friend and to the hospital what your stand is in all of this. I think assumptions are being made as to your relationship and status. Assumptions shouldn't be made by hospital staff. But you need to discuss with your lady that you can't do the...
Losing your mum feels like losing your world. Nothing anyone can say can resolve the pain you feel. Ease will come at it's own pace and you will find that in your own way of doing things. It's a process that can't be rushed and is something you live with on a daily basis. Each person is different in...
New to forum, Recently picked up a leaflet from doctors surgery while attending an appointment. Partner just been through knee operation. Enjoying the forum. Like the 'jointly' app that you can get on your mobile. Had I been aware of this sooner it would have helped with things when partner was in h...
I'm a 60 year old man caring for my 89 year old mum. She has COPD, severe arthritis and suspected Lyme disease. I've been renting at the present address from a private landlord for 5 years now. He has decided he wants to sell, and we've been given two months notice to leave. Looking at the market i...
Does anyone know where I can get a portable lightweight pathway that is suitable for a wheelchair? It will need to be about 6 feet in length and easily laid across the communal lawn to the road and then removed when not in use? I did purchase these few years ago and they are still in use. They ARE ...
Queen
How do carers and those they care for cope with loneliness? I have been caring for my disabled wife for about three years and there seems little prospect of her condition improving. The care she needs is demanding and the only outings I have are to the supermarket about once a week for essential ho...