[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Some final words from me who is feeling really comforted by the advice and support he has had . # I have returned to the list and each time I think it is finished and have to go off to perform a task, I come back to add more that has just come to mind . The caree will eventually see it all right. # ...
That is very perceptive of you , Bowling Bun. It was the caree's sister who did a lot of research and concluded that something termed Parkinson's dementia was already there. It is not a 24/7 condition - just "episodes" , most of which consist of making false accusations , stating you said something ...
Thanks to you all for responding so quickly. This is good advice and in fact , having been told I was "lazy" , started a list of tasks some while ago, Must finish this even though more seem to crop up each month ! To Bowling Bun : the caree is my wife aged 84 who suffers from Parkinson 's , arthriti...
in nearly a year I have had many "robust" discussions with the caree and have now heard, at least 5 times, variations on this theme : "who asked you to be a carer"? / " how have you signed-uo to be one "? / " who told you you were a carer ? " / " how do you reckon you are one " ? The caree will bare...
I replied to you all over a week ago but it failed to cross the finishing line . Have asked Carers UK to see if they can it and , if not, `will try to remember what i wrote and send another.
I am an newbie -5 months as a 24/7 carer living with the caree but I am learning, particularly through this great forum . My caree is wife (aged 84) and either does not truly understand , or chooses not to understand the concepts of "caring" , "support" and "respite" . Raise the subjects and you wil...
Hi Broostine. Oh boy, are you ringing bells ! A consequence of my Carer Health and Well- Being Assessment is that the social care worker involved has arranged for me to have vouchers to pay for 6 sessions with a local Counsellor - a list of them provided. I have had my first session with a lady who ...
To all of you who took both time and trouble to respond - heartfelt thanks. I have really been helped in the sense that the mantra ".you are not alone " is not just words and my guilt feelings have been lessened . But apologies are also due : of course I should have appreciated that to give good pra...
I was in a pretty pressurised job but 9 to 5 , 5 days a week. Having been retired for 17 years , becoming a 24/7 carer has come as a right shock to the system and I certainly need advice from the far more experienced carers on this forum ( I have now been lurching for 5 months ). Just three question...