[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum -Search
Hi Katherine, So sorry to hear about your struggles. The resident Queen of "saying it how it is" BB (hope you don't mind me saying that) has already given you excellent advice. Stick up for yourself and be firm. I think there is a recurring them when it comes to caring where one person has to do eve...
Hi Marisha, So sorry for your loss. Things will get better with time. One day you will wake up and you won't think about him for a full day and you will feel awful for it but time is a great healer. Cherish the happy times you had together. If you have any hobbies, maybe try and get back into doing ...
Hi Peter, So sorry for your loss. When my Dad died, Mum was promised by her siblings and nephews and nieces that they would be there for her whatever. It never happened. They all disappeared into the ether. After he died, Mum and I (who were his unpaid carers) had nothing to do no. No diva like dema...
Hi all, Hope you are all keeping well. I'm still on the prowl for a house. Went to view one last week which was just about affordable but it had cockroaches in the kitchen so I walked straight out. The nicer ones seem to get snapped up in a day or two but I have contacted local estate agents and lef...
Oh Dawn, don't do this to yourself. You said he wants a divorce, let him have one and be gone. Self harming is a huge ringing alarm bell. Get yourself out of that situation if you can. You said you are a housing officer. If one of your tenants was in your situation, what would you advise them? Has y...
I don't know if I can keep up with my sister anymore. I wish my Dad had sorted something out for her in the long term. I think everyone knew there was something not quite right with her but nothing was done about it. So the neighbours are having some work done in their house (not the nasties, the ot...
Oh God, your daughters neighbour's sound like they are related to the nasties next door. I'm glad they have brought it up and the Council are aware of it. Who knows they may even move her to another place, maybe closer to you so she is not on her own all the time. Is she still getting grief from tho...
Hi CFH, Perhaps a home is the best thing for him. He can have nurses and support there 24/7. Reading your post brought back awful memories for me. Your husband sounds quite like my Dad. Back in those days, I thought it was normal for Dad's to be like that but I was only young. When he got diagnosed ...
Oh dear Penny. I'm so sorry for what you are going through. Forgive me but was there a reason your daughter moved out? Did you want her to be able to live independently? I'm sure you have posted about it but I am too tired and lazy to check, apologies. If the support worker is not doing what you thi...
Oh dear Catherine, you seem to be in a right kerfuffle. Lots of points to cover so I will try and keep it brief. * For the abuse, look at this website and then look for phone numbers for a local branch. They will do all they can to help you and will always text first before calling. Even if you deci...