[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Joanne, I'm in the same boat so understand what you are going through. Mum has gone from being a sassy independent woman to someone who can't even open doors anymore due to her arthritis. I'm watching her wither away as each day goes by and like you, it breaks my heart. I try to do the best I can...
Thanks Denis for your kind words. I've had a few really rotten days and feel bloody awful now! Do you guys ever think it's all going along swimmingly and then something goes wrong and you end up wishing you were dead? The poorly brother who I care for is having "his" time of the month - he sits in t...
Hi Ian, Hope you are well. I'm a long term carer too. It's hard work and very draining especially as we have extremely nasty neighbours. I have no social life and always have to make excuses for work functions and what not. I have been out with work colleagues once this year mind you. I just try to ...
Hi Denis and BowlingBun, You are completely right, it's Mum's choice what she does with the will. It's her money and her house. It will most likely get shared equally between us all. I'm not bothered for the money whatsoever. I don't expect a penny in return for the caring I have done. If that was t...
Thanks PET and DENIS. Will look more into that book. The libraries have started opening up again so will see if they have one handy. Work won't let me go in more than that. I only work part time and it's done on a rota basis. But yeah, I know what you mean about putting in my best effort. If I were ...
Thanks both for your replies. I am expected to go to work one day every fortnight from next week so I am really looking forward to that. It will be nice to get out of the house and to be able to speak to colleagues. One of my colleagues also has horrendous neighbours so it's nice to just chat about ...
Chance would be a fine thing. Like I said - because I am the youngest and probably closest to Mum, they seem to think it's my responsibility. The oldest sister is a complete waste of space. Her kids are grown adults now so she has no need for us. We were just her free babysitters back in the day. Th...
Yes I did. They told me slamming doors and late night DIY is just household noise and they would not be able to do anything about it. They did mention sound proofing the walls, I had someone come round. It would be the floor, ceiling and walls in each room which would cost to much. Just taken Mum to...
Just having a mini vent. The gits next door have been banging and slamming like mad over the last week, extended family have come over to stay. It's all day and all night. Not a moments peace. Mum was in tears the other day but she is adamant she will not move from here which is so annoying. I've tr...
Hi Denis, Well we are Indian and it's normal for the children to look after their parents until they die. Maybe "frowned upon" was the wrong phrase to use. I don't think it's just an Indian thing though. Some older people are very set in their ways and won't accept any help at all from a stranger or...