[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Peter, I am sorry for your loss. I don't have experience of this, but others on here do and they will be along to offer advice an support. The forum is often quieter at weekends. Melly1 Hello. Many thanks for your reply, I’ve seen a few replies. People are very kind. I’m going to reply to them now.
Hi,I’ve been a Carer for 15 years. My Dad died in 2010,so since then the sole focus of my entire life has been my Mum. She died one month ago. The time afterwards was telling people and organising the funeral. I spoke to lots of people. Now the funeral has happened,there is silence. No phone calls o...
Hi Hayley, I'm in the same situation. I'm full time,live-in and sole Carer for my elderly Mum,who is in the 'vulnerable' category. Before this last week,I was going out for food. But I was uncomfortable doing this as its hard to keep 2 metres from others in a store! So since Monday I've been asking ...
Hi Peter.
I can't help with your query as I'm in the same boat with my Mum! I'm her sole Carer,but I don't know if I can still go out to get her shopping/meds etc. I've been across tv today but still no news on this. Sorry I can't be of more help! Good luck.
Peter.
I have the same issues Valerie. I'm sole and full time Carer for my Mum,who is 89 and has COPD. When these measures come in at the end of the week,I don't know if I can still go out and get her shopping and medication,or if I have to self isolate too. I'm sure over the coming days some guidance will...
Hi there-thanks so much for replying! Thanks also for your thought-provoking words. Yes,you're right. My Mum could be worse off,which is something I regularly consider-things could be much worse,there are people in worse predicaments! So I paused typing as Mum was ready for bed. So I'll get ready no...
Hi Chris. Only just replied as Mum got up and so I've been getting her sorted etc! I think you're right,the GP might be the best route,i'll see how things go. Your point about the Carer being the parent is a good one. The only problem I find,is that the older person has their own set ways and it's h...
Hi Chris. Thanks for your reply. I'm still getting used to the layout of the forum to be honest! I'm a sole Carer and up to now have not felt the need to ask for further help,things have been going ok. This has started happening these last couple of months so if it continues I will need to do someth...
Hello. I'm new to the website and forum so don't know how it all works,so please bear with me! I'm a bit frustrated atm because my Mum,who I care for,has for the last 2/3 months been sleeping longer than usual. She's always gone to bed late,2-3 am but used to get up at 12 noon. This allowed us to ge...