[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
My nan whom I cared for passed away in February, she had raised me so she was like my other mum. Whilst I get on fine now every day sometimes things remind me of her and then I get tearful, for example, a song, something that my nan would have really liked, seeing very old ladies on tv. Deep down I ...
My nan will be taken off the meds at some point today and we will get her oxygen mask off.
Well done, you have done the right thing. Rest up today and catch up on sleep. Then read up on hospital discharges and continuing health care (CHC) funding. Make sure she is properly assessed for CHC before she is discharged from hospital. https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/practical-support/...
So today i struggled to get her out of bed, she struggled to maintain her weight and walk even with a frame. Struggled to get her to the bathroom and she was stooping lower and lower. She with difficulty put herself on the edge of bath, trying hold on to the frame. She couldn't keep herself up and i...
I know that I already posted the other day, but i need to vent. My nan has deteriorated so much in the last week and a bit, today she was at her ultimate worst yet. Now I cannot cope with looking after her, plus i have been having a sore throat cough and cold which is taking it out of me. We do have...
Usually there is an Incontinence Nurse attached to the doctor's surgery, who can arrange free pads etc. Nan is now very elderly, she may be nearing the end of her natural life. I know how sad this is, I've now lost all four of our parents, my brother and husband. Are your parents still alive to hel...
Usually there is an Incontinence Nurse attached to the doctor's surgery, who can arrange free pads etc. Nan is now very elderly, she may be nearing the end of her natural life. I know how sad this is, I've now lost all four of our parents, my brother and husband. Are your parents still alive to hel...
Her dementia has really accelerated just in the last week. This can be caused by a urine infection, (and may have nothing to do with her dementia), usually uti-s are harmless in themselves and often without other symptoms, but they can lead to strange behaviour. But i don't know if a UTI would also...
She is 88, we have an appointment about incontinence at the hospital. Her dementia has really accelerated just in the last week. She now sleeps on and off all day and it was only the other week that we went on the bus (she has an outdoor frame) to a cafe fairly locally. Plus she needs the zimner fra...
How do you cope when the person person just looks at you blankly and or then gets annoyed when you try to give them an instruction? For example my nan wouldn't get up off the toilet (i heard her pee already), or trying to get her to get of the arm chair to go to bed (she had been dosing off). I tell...