[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thank you all so much for great resources about CHC. The whole tread on here is very helpful, I even started reading National Framework for NHS Continuing Healthcare and NHS-funded Nursing Care (almost 200 pages, bloody hell). I have to say it’s all very confusing for me. I don’t understand whether ...
So I don't know, if I could keep this up longer. Right now I'm off my job, because I have to take care of mu mum. She refuses me every minute of every day. It's difficult to get her to eat, wash, go outside. The aggression issues subsided a little bit, thank God! I'm thinking about getting some prof...
Chris From The Gulag wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:49 am
A head / heart conundrum ... logic v. emotion ?
You hit the nail on the head once again. Is there an easy answer? Hahaha, just kidding I know there isn't. Life is hard after all.
Evie, the roles of parent and child have been reversed, and it is up to you to make the best decision for mum. If you have medication to sedate mum, but are not using it, then think again. If it makes it possible for mum to stay with you longer, surely then the medication is the best way of achievi...
If you could answer the questions about discharge, it would help. Thank You so much for reply. I don't blame the doctors, because the aggressive behaviour started at home. At hospital she was sedated most of the time, but I just can't bring myself to do it at home. I would like to try something els...
Hi, I've recently became a 24-hour carer for my mum. She suffered a massive stroke and is partly paralysed, she also has trouble with memory and her sight. But her behaviour is the worst. She changed drastically, became angry, impulsive. She is screaming at me constantly. I'm trying to be patient, b...
Hi, it's me again. A lot have changed since may, unfortunately for the worst. My mum has suffered a massive stroke, her left side is paralysed, she also has memory problems and cannot see properly. Because of that I've become her 24 hour carer. I can manage all the physical symptoms, but I'm really ...
I know I should think about the future, but for some reason I'm postponing this. [/i] My toothache analogy ... painkillers only provide a temporary respite ... a visit to the dentist is almost inevitable ? You are totally right... I have to get myself together and sort out all the paperwork and all...
Chris From The Gulag wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 11:37 am
The forthcoming Green Paper won't be !
Chris, won't be what? Unfair?
Your sure?
Evie, I'm really worried that you are wearing rose tinted specs. Mum should be fit and well at her age. I've had lots of surgery and health issues but at 67 I'm very independent and able to enjoy holidays in Greece, involving a fair bit of walking. You say that mum is introvert, and that with you a...