Thanks guys, basically what I thought.. That were both reviewed couple of weeks ago and I asked for extra care for Mum although I didn’t realise what she was like at night till I stayed! Mum doesn’t have capacity and get the impression from LA that they are more than happy to do nothing as I do so m...
Hi I need advice, my Dad was in hospital for 5 days last week , he lives with my Mum who has Vascular dementia bad. The night he went in she managed the night alone but the second night was found wandering so I stayed with her till Dad came home. I was shocked how much she wandered at night , mood c...
Thanks everyone for your replies, I have just only got her Attendance Allowance through, something that should have been done back in 2016 but my brother didn’t apply for her simply because he wanted no one to know she had dementia as he coerced her into changing her Will to solely benefit him!! Sur...
Thanks for the reply, that’s good news as every little bit helps! Mum was diagnosed in December 2016 can’t see the council backdating till the, shame this information about reduction is kept so quiet as had no clue about it till recently.
I was just wondering if my Mother is eligible for council tax reduction due to her dementia, my Dad has Vascular Parkinson’s and they live together but seem to remember hearing something about 25%discount as dementia person not counted?
Would be grateful if anyone knows the answer.
Thanks
Mum seems to be slipping further and further away but I can see her trying to hold on with all her might... the saddest thing is, she tells me she’s getting worse, she knows she’s going. She seems to have a while when she’s more stable then suddenly things decline which happens more regularly , I’m ...
I finally decided to look into Carers Allowance and the criteria needed in order to claim it... what a joke! I look after both my parents, they do have 4x care calls a day , but, obviously things like Dad being put in his wheelchair so he can get to his books and taken outside for fresh air etc are ...
Sorry about your husband, how sad. My parents are 80 & 84 years old. They have just over £33,000 so contribute towards their care package. Being self employed like you day is hard work and sometimes to accommodate things I end up working weekends too! I think it’s that fear of letting them down that...
Thanks for your replies and yes Elaine you are right, I know in my heart the inevitable is going to happen no matter how hard I try to avoid it. The LA obviously want Mum and Dad to stay at home as much as I do , but, I feel the more I do the more they let me . Dad has 4x day calls and Mum 2x which ...
Hi everyone, I am new to this site and suppose if I’m honest, feel like I’m drowning. Both my parents have problems, Dad Vascular Parkinson’s and Mum Vascular Dementia.. Dad cannot mobilise at all and Mum ... what can I say, getting worse. She has recently taken another dive which breaks my heart. I...