[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
What (if anything) do people here think could be gained if I taught my mother (who after all is indisputably a carer unlike myself) how to use the internet and set up an account for her on these forums? And if you think it would be beneficial, what should I recommend my mother do here? Should I get ...
I understand that George, BUT is mum going to live longer than your sister?? Unlikely, which is probably why she seems so hell-bent on setting me up to replace her when she's gone. How many friends her own age does your daughter have? Only those she knows from her daycare at NEAS (by the way, from ...
Relating to your disabled sister? It really is time that she went to see the various options available, rather than bury her head in the sand, It would doubtless be a load of your mind, as well as hers, to see your sister settled somewhere new. Another important point is that my mam has repeatedly ...
Hmmm, an undiagnosed Aspie who's workshy and loves collecting vinyl records? Sounds quite a lot like my dad (who my mam has suspected was Aspie since very shortly after I was diagnosed as such, back when I was 10 years old). What's actually keeping you with him anyway? You don't seem to be getting a...
bowlingbun wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:35 pm
It just shows that mum is in complete denial.
I was thinking more that she was afraid what consequences could follow...
Another question: what is the significance (if any) of the fact that my mother turned down the Carer's Assessment that she was offered last October when the social worker came to review my sister's condition?
Not at all. The 2 are not mutually exclusive. There are situations where 2 people can be each other's carer. The basic definition of someone needing carer is where they cannot do certain everyday things for themselves and wouldn't live ok without the input of a carer. I'm guessing that by a very in...
bowlingbun wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:13 pm
Surely we ALL need support in our caring role?
If I need support from my mam, doesn't that imply that while I may or may not be her caree, I cannot possibly be her carer?
I'm an Aspie who has trouble sleeping too, but I think in my case it's more because my other family members (anxious and depressed mother, sister with autism and learning difficulties, and stroke-damaged dad) are stressing me out!
Seriously, your mum will try anything, no matter how underhand, to keep you because she's frightened. Does that include claiming to social workers that I'm incapable of looking after myself? Last weekend I managed to find some documents in my mam's room from the last time my sister's status was rev...