[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thank you all for your supportive words. After the initial tears, I'm now feeling quite numb (I know that's normal, though it's freaking me out that I'm not crying my eyes out all the time, as I thought I would be). I'm back at work today and everyone is being very supportive, which is a massive hel...
It's been a while since I last posted. I am now a 'former carer'. My Gran passed away yesterday afternoon. I got there 5 minutes too late. She had other family members with her when she passed and I'm told she just calmly slipped away. I am very grateful for that. Now, I have to face the horrible, i...
Hi Chrissie (I'm Chrissie, too!) My Gran has MND- diagnosed in March last year, but showing symptoms from the March before that. She is very close to the end of the disease now (she refused a PEG and breathing assistance). She can no longer swallow any liquid without choking/coughing and spluttering...
I agree with BB- this sounds remarkably like a neurological issue. Please get it checked by the doctor.
Hi Ryan, You're the same age as me and I'm in a similar situation to you. The answer to your question is 'I keep getting up because the alternative is more permanent than the current situation'. Practical Solutions: - Insist on outside help for Mum (doesn't have to be every day and doesn't even have...
Thanks for your lovely comments, you've actually only had about half the story! In total I've had TEN carees, from newborn to 87. You name it, they've probably had it, dementia, bowel cancer, prostate cancer, pancreatic cancer, heart disease, angina.... When mum was in the nursing home she had a Cr...
My God, BB! I don't know how you managed to keep going through all of that! You're like the fairy godmother of the care world!
Thank you, BB- it's so refreshing to talk to someone that actually understands! I have looked at that cottage holiday site before- I will definitely be using it when the time comes. As we've not been able to go away even overnight, we've got enough 'in the pot' to be able to afford something quite l...
Broostine, have you made your own plan for your future when caring is over? I found that I fell over a "Cliff of Tiredness" after my own mum passed away. As carers we just keep plodding on even as the path gets progressively harder, and harder. Whilst having a caree in hospital or nursing home is s...
Sorry to say that mum rarely called out loudly enough. I'd like to think that the nursing home or hospice would be aware of your gran's condition and act accordingly. xxx Unfortunately, not really the case. I have to go nearly every day (usually, except Mondays and Fridays because Gran's sister usu...