Sorry to say that mum rarely called out loudly enough. I'd like to think that the nursing home or hospice would be aware of your gran's condition and act accordingly. xxx Unfortunately, not really the case. I have to go nearly every day (usually, except Mondays and Fridays because Gran's sister usu...
Hi Thara, Ref your comment about Christmas food- Gran is on a pureed diet (and barely eating any of that due to severe dysphagia). Unfortunately, it means we can't share any meals together anymore. Nice thought, though. The will was written up when Gran was first diagnosed with MND- she is in a nurs...
BB- Sorry, I must have skimmed by a lot of what you said and didn't answer you properly! I made funeral arrangements in September, at Gran's request- everything bar a couple of details have been written down and arranged with the funeral director. Gran has the funds ready to pay for the funeral hers...
I'm so very sorry- losing your Mum is one of the hardest things any of us will have to go through. Make sure you try to look after yourself and be kind to yourself whilst everything still feels raw (even if you don't feel like eating, make sure you stay hydrated). There are plenty of us here who hav...
Hi Guys, It must have been a while since I posted- Gran moved into a nursing home at the end of June this year, so that's where she is currently (though, she said to me last week she wants to move to a hospice when things 'get really bad', as she put it). I managed to catch the head nurse at the hom...
Hi Guys, Hope everyone is coping as well as possible. This is quite a difficult one and I'm not sure if anyone's had any experience of this, but I figured you lovely people would be the best to ask. My Gran is losing the ability to move her arms now and her speech is nearly gone (MND for those that ...
1st April 1993 (Of course, before 12pm, too!) #AprilFool
Hi, This might be useful (might not!) My fiance and I used to do rock climbing and he purchased a 'grip strengthener' pack from Amazon. I believe the brand is called 'FitBeast'. The pack includes a grip strengthener (the usual type that looks a bit like a tin opener), another grip strengthener (this...
Hi All, The next 'drop' in my Gran's MND progression is looming and, as always, I'd like to be prepared before it happens. In the space of a couple of weeks, my Gran's left arm has gone from being partially atrophied to almost completely. Luckily, she is right-handed so she's still able to write thi...
Hi Not sure if I've followed properly, but regarding the LPA, copies are only valid after the LPA has been registered and returned to you. The copy then needs to be of the registered LPA, and certified by the donor by writing: "I certify this is a true and complete copy of the corresponding page of...