[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
In that case, he may visit the gardens himself when he isn't working if he wishes to say goodbye. Melly1 Doubtful, unfortunately- my Mum (his sister) is scattered in one of the other gardens in the same crematorium and he's never been once in the 3 years since she passed. I think he was just lookin...
Melly1 wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:20 am
Maybe.

Where are you having the ceremony and scattering her ashes?

Melly1
It's going to be in the gardens of the crematorium where we held her funeral- sticking to her wishes :)
Hi Melly,

Thank you for your reply- it makes me feel better to know that I've done the right thing by standing my ground.

Having sat and thought about it last night, I think he never intended to come and is using his work schedule as an excuse to 'get out of having to go'.
Hi All, It's been a while since I've posted, as my Gran passed from MND in February. I'd originally booked her ashes scattering ceremony for the first Saturday available after the funeral, but Covid hit before then and so it was cancelled. I've managed to re-book today, for the next available Saturd...
I still can't believe it but, after years of suffering with MND, my mother passed away on Thursday. At least she is at peace now. Thanks to everyone for all your advice and support whenever I posted a query. Best wishes to everyone - take care - stay safe. Another former MND carer here, too. My Gra...
On average, it's 2 years before you start feeling 'normal' again. This varies for different people and also depends on how close you were to the person who has passed away. When I lost my Mum, it took about a year before I could get through most of the day without crying/pain. I still have random bo...
Hi, My friend's Nan has been in a care home with dementia for some time now- she sold her house to pay for her care fees and, from what my friend told me, there is a cap on when the resident stops paying for their care and social services/CHC take over the fees (I'm not sure what this cap is, but I ...
Hi and I am so sorry for the loss of your Nan, thank you for replying and I can feel the sadness in this. Not only the loss but the thoughtlessness of everyone throughout. I think there are a million ways people could help and yet there are a million ways people make things worse. I get sofa thing ...
Hi Alison, My Gran had Motor Neurone Disease and I was her family carer during this time. I too experienced the same as you, in that there were so many friends and family members who either didn't show their faces at all or 'acted' like they were helping and being so supportive when all they were do...
Hi OnTheVerge, Thank you for your kind advice :) Personally, I find it easier to be at work after someone close to me has died. When my Mum died a couple of years ago, I was back in work the morning after the evening I found out she'd died. Similar this time around- Gran died on the Friday and I was...