[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I think I can empathise with you to some extent, Chris. While you were fighting for the disabled and their carers, I was a part of the movement against the banks' unlawful behaviour toward those who trusted them with their money. I don't know fer sure, but it seems as if t'interweb spawned a self-he...
WOW ! You have given me some bed-time reading there, Chris - thank you (I think ? :shock: !!!) I think I can now see that I am just a 'Johnny-Come-Lately' keyboard warrior rattling a lone sabre - when the likes of yourself and others have already fought that battle a decade ago. I'll read up on what...
Technically taxable ? Yes ... the two keys ... other income and the first band of Income Tax. Under that , no Income Tax. Over that , Income Tax is payable. CA is classed as 'Taxable Income,' I believe, Chris. Sure - us guys on the shop floor don't usually actually have to pay tax on it because of ...
Apologies for veering off-topic with this. PIP on reaching one's state retirement age ? Although you must make a PIP claim before you reach 65, once you are awarded PIP, it can continue to be paid after 65 as long as you continue to satisfy the entitlement conditions. Carers Premium would continue ...
35 hours minimum ... £ 1.81 per hour As for senior citizen carers ... £ NIL per hour ! So when my wife hits retirement age (if she ever does at the current rate, bless her) - I guess her PIP will stop, and so will my CA (which is already reduced to £36 Carer Premium). Have I got that right ? ( By c...
I guess that carers and disability sufferers are being hit by so many heartless cutbacks these days, Chris, that they often just don't have the time to check this stuff out until the reality hits them in a couple of months or so. You guys will probably have to 'get busy with the fizzy' then ! FWIW, ...
I'm glad my rambling post made sense, Bowlingbun ! When I have found my feet here, I'll maybe start a thread about that - as it may be worth further discussion. In the absence of any response from the DWP so far - despite a written reminder followed by a phoned reminder (and a promise to reply) - I ...
Hi Phil and welcome from a fellow newbie. I became my wife's carer a few years ago when she became ill with fibromyalgia after losing both her parents within a few years of each other. I can't offer you many words of wisdom, as FM seems to be different for everybody, but over the years we have both ...
Hi all, Newbie here just settling in. When I first heard about this, I had to put the emergency brown trousers on - but I think we're OK (that's myself & Mrs-K). Mrs-K is younger than me, and I retired a few years ago. She gets PIP and I get Carer Premium (added to the Pension Credit). We receive my...
Greenford. I spent a while refilling fag machines up thereabouts. I spent a few years after that working in the burgeoning video industry from Highbury, then Enfield. I might even have been the barsteward who installed your TV before it blew up a week later !

See ya around, guv'nor !