[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Thanks for all your replies. I have, in the past, pointed out the following to my wife:<br/> <br/> 1) It is a marriage, not a business. I don't expect equal contributions, that's not the point.<br/> 2) She contributes a great deal. She cooks and keeps the house clean, she does most of the shoppin...
<t>Why? She still loves me, I still love her, but she can't get a job. She can't contribute financially so all she is is a paid skivy. She has challeneged me to to come up with one reason why our marriage is worth saving. I don't particularly think there is anything wrong with it other than the stra...
<t>Melly- I should slightly clarify that the book was given to my wife to give me. I do see her therapist, as it happens, at a monthly survivors group she runs, but I don't think she would consider it professional to discuss my wife's case with me. <br/> Having said that, you may be right in what yo...
<t>Beck- there is plenty of trust, I have absolute faith in her in many ways, just not with alcohol.<br/> Karenanne- thanks for your story. There are some bits that are familliar to me and it was kind of you to share, your experience is instructive and useful.<br/> Thanks to both of you for your res...
<t>In a nutshell: wife has childhood abuse issues. Reading a book given to me by her therapist I increasingly understand the need for me to demonstrate to her that I trust her. The trouble is that I am pretty sure she has a drink problem and as such, in this respect at least, I don't trust her. I ha...
<t>Hi Minnie,<br/> <br/> Thanks for your suggestion. I am very sorry for your loss. I know a lot of carers groups make provision of one form or another for ex-carers in situations such as yours- have you explored this? Wife's mood is better and the moment and I am able to enjoy her company right now...
<t>Hi guys. Sorry it has been so long since I posted, I'm sure you know how it is. Yesterday was a bad day. Wife very low and depressed, bored, as I have mentioned before. Bored for some reason makes her angry and after a while all I could do was go back to bed and curl up and go to sleep. It is usu...
Sounds like you have had a lot on your plate ladybird. luckily for me I only have my wife to worry about at the moment, everyone else seems sort of okay. Thanks for your suggestion, but fortunately I already have a counsellor of my own. Provided for me by care for the carers. Unfortunately I only ha...
No problem ladybird, thanks for your reply. Sorry it's been a tough day- would you like to talk about it?
<t>I don't know how familliar this will be to any of you, but she is having a bad day today. Deeply jealous of a female friend of mine who is coming to visit, despairing because she is bored and has nothing to do so her life is pointless and meaningless and empty. She has nothing to live for. Nobody...