[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi, Just some good news today after a 16 month wait since October 2018 we have finnaly been allocated a social worker to carry out a support needs assessment. We used an advocacy service who pushed them as they do not listen to regular clients complaints unless you make it formal in writing and go t...
Hi Lisa, You need to go down the complaints process asap thats the way you will get anywhere in my experience. They think they can do whatever, but will change their ways when the ombudsman writes to them if you win your case. The ombudsman helped me not for social care but solar panels and it worke...
These have been used by carers and disabled people with high/special needs against the social work and private care firms who refuse to compensate time and distress caused to individuals and families. Financial awards: what you can expect and how we make decisions If we uphold your complaint, we wil...
Hi, Anyone been down this road? They are now supported learning for disabled people at college where you are assigned someone to give you extra help and assistance like pushing a wheelchair and extra tutoring. Are your benefits affected by college funding? College can provide additional funding for ...
You can apply to your local council for a support needs assessment which everyone is entitled to whether they have a disability or not they could be elderly or be an amputee without a disability like autism. NHS budget can tie in with local council budget however you need to be reffered to an NHS tr...
Be very cafeful going for a carers assessment before a needs assessment. I done this and they used my carers assessment as amunition to prevent my brother getting a direct payment that he was already part of the system they close your file and make you start from scratch. They state there is a confl...
Yeah, they claimed I made an informal complaint that was accepted not a formal complaint as due process therefor my acceptance of a complaint is not valid! I've been waiting for a new assessment their chief executive promised in August 2019 which they have failed as everytime i call they state he is...
My heart goes out to you and your son for how yous are being treated. There is new legislation that came out in 2014 here in Scotland that changed 1 option into 4 different options and yes councils and social workers still don't know the rules. Their managers or most likley line managers and the chi...
I don't have tax credits overpayment.

Can they cross link and old UC debt and new UC claim and use the new claim to repay the old claim? Is that even legal?
Hi,

If your UC carers allowance was stopped and you owe them in the past will that effect you gaining carers allowance in future or is it a seperate new application unlinked to your previous UC carers allowance claim?

Thanks.