Is this possible I heard they cut your universal credit then add on a carers element not allowance?
Thanks so much for that website yes you can it mentions at the bottom:- If the person you are looking after is also caring for someone else, you can both claim Carer’s Allowance for looking after different people as long as you both meet the criteria. This also applies if you are caring for each oth...
Hi, I had my carers assessment recently. After giving them a timetable and my current circumstances quite detailed. They found I am not eligible for an individual budget as there is already one in place for the disabled person previously. They advised you could be assessed at the time the disabled p...
So, i guess that's a yes as it doesn't exclude people already on carers allowance within 1 household?
Hello,

Looking at the carers allowance criteria it mentions the individual have to be on a qualifying benefit.

Can you get carers allowance for someone on carers allowance and partial disability?

Thanks.
Some are self employed some work for an agency the salary is attractive. You do get time off throughout the week called
respite care for the carer.
Hello,

Does anyone currently work as a live in carer or has done in the past?

My question is do you get days off during the weekend and are you allowed to visit your own family throughout the day while sort of on duty for the cared for?

Thanks.
Hello,

I have a carers needs/assessment meeting with social services soon. Has anyone been through one what do they ask you?

Thanks.
Hello, If the 2 disabled people who are recipients of direct payment managed by an agency for payroll. If the 2 individuals who get direct payments can they both employ the same or different carers/PA's within the same household? Would the local authority not see that only 1 carer can care for the 2...
Hello,

If they are 2 disabled people living in the household who have 2 carers looking after them.

e.g. 1 for shower and bathing/clothing other for outdoor activities and household bills, travel, shopping

can all them be assessed and supported by the local authority within the same household?