That’s a good point about the consultant leading, MrsAverage. And yes, he’s already said that he still sees us as children. My brother has moved out of his flat, and back to the family home already, so dad will have someone with him a lot, apart from the day when my brother will be working. We feel ...
Hello, and thanks again. One of the major issues is that my dad doesn’t want me to ask ‘awkward’ questions, as I ‘might put ideas into their heads’. For example, my first question: in other people who have had strokes similar to this, what has their recovery been like? My dad doesn’t want to ask, in...
Thank you so much for your replies, it’s given us a template for questions to ask when we see a stroke consultant tomorrow. Much to think on. It’s a very difficult time - not knowing what best to do, but you’re right about gaining some comfort from trying as hard as we can. It’s very difficult for m...
Can I have some advice, please? Here’s a timeline to explain the situation we find ourselves in, regarding my mum and her recent stroke/s. She is 76, has never smoked or drunk much alcohol, and is otherwise in good health. Dec 28 - mum visited the GP with a heart rate of 38, and a BP of 202/66 - sen...