[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
From my experience: do whatever you think needs to be done but please ditch any feeling of guilt that sucks the energy out of you. This is a parent's responsibility to build relationships with their children and spouse. If they fail and they are not aware of that, there is not much to be done on the...
Hi everyone ☺ I posted a long time ago about caring for both parents, and how stressed it made me feel. Unfortunately my dad passed away unexpectedly on boxing day last year from sepsis, and now I've just got mum. Looking back, I feel awful about feeling these feelings, but I'm glad I gave my dad s...
Let your husband know your doubts about it, or joke that no matter what you do it will be wrong and she'll be telling you! For goodness sakes he knows how good you are being married! Don't worry, it's her doing what she does, take no notice of it. Easier for me to say! Let things calm and settle af...
Your English is great Jolanta I love your name, it is very nice and I am sure I wouldn't do anywhere near as well writing in your first language! I am not sure, you will need to google it, but social services or the GP might be able to override POA to place a person in a home, I could be wrong but ...
I'm sorry for what your Dad and you are going through.
Sending my thoughts and prayers.
If MIL doesn't have capacity to make anyone POA then she probably doesn't have capacity to decide who will care for her! The authorities cant have it both ways. She should have a needs assessment before the care is withdrawn or payment is needed and if she says your hubby will be caring for her the...
Yes, I'm sure that's going to be part of her problems. The saddest part of it all is that if she didn't play up like she is, she might have much happier family visits. I'm now 70 and after 8 operations and some serious health issues, I get very frustrated not being able to do as much as I used to. ...
Yes, common. I've said it before, I know, but your husband has to limit his contact. Either carers or care home, which will cost way more than carers. Additional care from him is NOT an option! Thank you, I like your straight-to-the-point replies :) My OH limited his contact so MIL is fighting back...
We're in a slightly different POA situation but I thought it might help to explain the options to her. At the end of the day, SOMEONE has to look after her finances & property (leaving aside the Health ad Welfare one for now). She can either choose someone to appoint now, while she can, or she can ...
My meaning was that if he does not have POA and she needs to go into a home but is refusing, then the authorities can intervene and place her in a home if she doesn't have capacity, thus he wouldn't have to be trying to coax or convince her to go or fighting the authorities to get her placed. She w...