Hi Brian. No will ... hence letters of administation ? Two links for you which provide guidance : https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/family/death-and-wills/dealing-with-the-financial-affairs-of-someone-who-has-died/ https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/sorting-out-the-estate-when-there-...
Thanks for the replies, my mum didn't leave a will. I know it sounds a bit stupid but I wanted her to think about living rather than dying. If I show the bill for the funeral to the bank would that be enough to release the funds? I'm not coping particularly well Janey. Can't sleep much, keep wanderi...
Thanks for all the quick responses. Much appreciated.
I've been caring for my amazing mum for many years, but sadly she passed away on Thursday. She had enough savings to pay for a funeral but probate takes a long time and I'm worried about raising the money for a decent funeral. Is there any help available?
Brian, it sounds like a truly awful ordeal. Take heart that you did absolutely everything you could and that your Mum is now at peace and her suffering is over. It will take time to grieve, recover from the toll of caring and start to build a new life for yourself. Melly1 Thanks, but that seems imp...
Pet66 wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:14 pm
Hi Brian
Sorry to hear your news. Busy time ahead for you. You obviously have a most wonderful son. Look after yourself. The numbness will subside, and you will feel all sorts of emotions.
Please stay on the forum. We are here for you.
Thanks
Hi Brian - I'm just online at the moment and seen your thread. So sorry to see what you've been through. You have been amazingly strong and an incredible support for your mum. Thanks. I feel a bit numb, except from an actual pain I feel in my chest. I'm not sure how I can convince myself that life ...
Chris From The Gulag wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:19 pm
On behalf of us on the forum , you have our condolences , Brian.

Stay in touch ?
Thanks, I might come back, but I seem to have no enthusiasm for anything any more
On Thursday evening my mum passed away, after suffering congestive heart failure and atrial fibrillation that started on the day we moved house. Her suffering was unbelievable. She also developed an overactive thyroid, pulmonary oedema and leg oedema. The combination of heart drugs she was taking ma...
Melly1 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:33 pm
Brian, you have nothing to feel guilty about.

Melly1
Thanks. I know that it was my previous landlord's fault, but I still said sorry to the poor little thing when I went to collect his body at the vets.