Hello all, It's a while since I posted as I've been away on holiday. I'm seeing both my brothers at the weekend and I've asked them to meet me for coffee before we take Mum out for lunch, to discuss her situation and various issues. I sat down to make a list of points I wanted to discuss with them, ...
I think I do fall into the trap of being the capable one. I always was the responsible older sister. However, my brothers are pretty good really. When she fell the other day, I didn't hear the call from the Scheme Manager so she rang my brother instead, who spoke to Mum to ensure she was ok. That's ...
Hi and thanks again all. I suspect I see emergencies where there aren't any - it's not Mum asking me to do things, it's me thinking "if she can't get to the shops then she'll need.......". Maybe I am too concerned about being a perfect daughter, not just in her eyes but my siblings feeling I'm reall...
Thanks again everyone, some very useful advice there. I will look at the POA link, thanks. I have suggested to her that she just gets someone to do a big clean periodically and then she can just do the normal weekly maintenance. However, I'm going to back off on that topic because (i) it was the one...
I've just lost 7½ stone on Slimming World if that helps? Well, I've put on a bit over Christmas, but it will shift again. I still have several stone to lose but I feel so much better already. Naturally, I would recommend SW, though I think you have to use some common sense and judgement and not just...
Hi all, and thank you so much for your welcome, advice and experience. I went to her local Carers organisation this morning and picked up a load of literature to browse through - I know there's a lot on this site but sometimes it's good to sit down with a finite amount, plus it's all local. My mothe...
Hi, I feel a bit of a fraud after reading some other people's much more challenging experiences here, but I thought I'd register for the forum as I suspect I might find online support useful over the coming months. My problems are not big ones but I'd rather try and get things right, find the right ...