[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
It's hard not to at times though, the anger and resentment for not being able to express your feelings build up until you explode. Spend all the time validating and supporting, follow the books etc but if the other person isn't trying too then not much will change! I'm sorry you are going through it...
I'm glad DBT worked previously, that's a positive. It's definitely not you, and it's not her, it's BPD if that makes sense? I know it's so hard not to take it personally. I still struggle everyday! Recovery is long, and definitely not linear! It's possible just life changes were the trigger, somethi...
Oh OK so possible PTSD? And they do have a diagnosis of BPD? Have you recieved any support from a counsellor at all? From my experience it was helpful having someone to speak to that didn't just try to give me advice or tell me to leave. I could share my worries. It's so hard, that push and pull dyn...
Hello, I'm so sorry to hear about your difficulties and I completely understand and hear what you are saying about your difficulties. You say your partner has been diagnosed with depression and anxiety, however she is experiencing hallucinations and irregular moods? Is there anything else you can sa...
I'm so sorry to hear about your struggles. My partner has BPD and his parents asked him to leave age 17. Obviously I'm not a parent but I do have some understanding of BPD from a personal and professional stance. Most importantly, you have to take care of yourself. So hard to do, but you are super i...
Thank you for your comment, I'm sorry to hear about your experiences. Thank you for sharing that, it is hard when you love someone.

Thank you again
I feel that. The rage, you try to not take it personally but you are still human. I've read so much around BPD and ways to support a loved one with it. One book "stop walking on eggshells" or something really helped. But I still shout back sometimes, I still cry like an idiot. Sometimes I don't find...
Hi all, My partner has been struggling a lot recently with psychotic like symptoms (hallucinations and voices). Mental health service are just awful with their support. Any way, he came to me today talking about how alone he is, how he doesn't have a family and all families have abandoned him. That ...
Hello, I'm seeking some advice around the topic "fear of engulfment". I understand "fear of abandonment" and ways in which you can respond etc. And I understand that engulfment is the fear of losing oneself because a pwBPD doesn't really have an identity and in relationship yours becomes their etc. ...
Hello, I'm so sorry for what you and your partner are struggling with. It's so difficult trying to support yourself, your children and your husband. I'm also really sorry thr NHS mental health service have let you down, I've been working in it for 4 years plus and it doesn't actually surprise me. Th...