Hello, I'm seeking some advice around the topic "fear of engulfment". I understand "fear of abandonment" and ways in which you can respond etc. And I understand that engulfment is the fear of losing oneself because a pwBPD doesn't really have an identity and in relationship yours becomes their etc. ...
Hello, I'm so sorry for what you and your partner are struggling with. It's so difficult trying to support yourself, your children and your husband. I'm also really sorry thr NHS mental health service have let you down, I've been working in it for 4 years plus and it doesn't actually surprise me. Th...
Hey,

Yes I honestly wished there were more things for partners of people with bpd etc.

I live outside of London, in Kent.

Can pm me if you'd like.
I know I'm a little late but I've worked in psychiatric wards so may be of some help. Do make a complaint, that was improper care - but it's not clear what kind of ward he was on? If it was high/medium security then if he is presenting calmly then it wouldn't be appropriate to keep him. If it was ju...
Hey, I do have a partner with borderline personality disorder. I think a great book you should read is "walking on egg shells" and "loving someone with BPD". I would suggest a few things now: - you need boundaries! It won't be easy but it's helpful for both of your. So when it comes to you children ...
Hi Elanor, Welcome to the forum. Feel free to vent, as and when needed. I don't have experience of caring for someone with mental health issues, but others on here do. It sounds like you are struggling because your partner is relapsing and can't/wont engage with you about how he is feeling but also...
Hello, I am hoping to just be able to vent/speak to someone about things. I have found recently my support system is diminishing, not because of my relationship, because of work/personal difficulties and them struggling with their own demons. My partner has BPD, he had support during his childhood, ...
Hello, I'm at a loss. My partner, when recently ex due to the difficulties, has a diagnosis of borderline personality disorder and Adhd. He also has experienced extreme paranoia that presented like psychosis. But I noticed some patterns after being with him for almost two years and I'm wondering if ...
I will give that list thing a go. He is definitely trying, we've discussed it before and he finds certain aspects of being in a relationship difficult, he has always allowed his impulses to guide his choices especially when he is feeling particularly critical of his self image and is always seeking ...
Thank you for those bits. I looked at some support through an iapt service but the services time just doesn't match my work. I have a long work commute and long hours. I think I worry that I'm letting myself be a punching bag purely because of my friends unhelpful comments. So that definitely makes ...