I haven't any answers, but feel its my life you are talking about, my husbands diabetic nurse is referring him to talk works a NHS therapy centre to see if they can help him deal with the way he feels. But no one seems to be able to help me deal withwhat its doing to me.. arguments , shouting frusts...
My husband is 69 so not a great age, has always had a nasty streak but so much worse in last three years. My carers assessment consists of asking me to describe a typical day ,writing it down and sending me a copy ,to let them know if I need advice before next assessment. No support or offers of hel...
I have been caring for 4years continually and although I can cope with the physical side ,,mainly the personal side as my husband is a double leg amputee. Cleaning after the toilet and replacing trousers are my main duties, but he is now rude to my few friends and unbearable if I want to go out, als...
Wee had wet room installed 6 years ago best thing ever, husband in wheelchair he transfers onto commode/ shower chair over toilet ,then I position him along side shower pull floor length shower curtain round and he can shower himself, take him into bedroom and he transfers onto towel on bed and I ca...
I write short stories, humerous verse and limericks mostly for my family but since joining U3A they have printed some in their news letter. We have a topic and read our work out at monthly writing club meetings, keeping me sane !,
I care for wheelchair bound husband, we use a commode/ shower chair for the bathroom. He uses transfer board to sit on commodewhich I place over the toilet ,difficulty is cleaning him and then having to pull up trousers by going from side to side as he leans each way. Same way to use the shower I pu...
So many carers seem to enjoy writing,, fiction or poetry, I suppose it helps us escape from our careing roll. I enjoy writing humerous poetry and short stories which I read out at a writing group, I would love to attempt a book but not sure if I have the staying power.
When I'm not caring I love to read mostly mysteries and who dun its I also write short stories for a writing club and poetry mostly slightly humerous , most of my writings refer to situations I have been or seen.
19 of october
I do walk a neighbours dog few times a week and can get out for few hours occasionally but the unpleasantness before and after spoils my time with a friend