Hi Sunny, and thanks for your post. I read the thread a couple of days ago, and was then prompted to go and read up on codependency. I don't have any advice to give specifically, but felt I should write so that it's clear there are others in the same place, and can understand how challenging the dec...
Some time has passed, so an update for anyone interested. My wife was discharged last Friday and is struggling to make progress, but is at least stable. Which is normal from past experience. My daughter has responded fantastically well to several weeks of almost undivided attention. Although she has...
Hi again. Sorry it's taken me a while to get back. I've tried writing and re-writing this, but I'm going around in circles. I hope all has gone as well as it could for the last few days for you. No advice here, just my experiences. 1. The majority of people suffering these episodes appear to get "be...
Hi. There's much I could say on this, but I think I need time to make a considered response. There's so much to get wrong on this. To answer your first question, yes I've been there. In fact, I'm broadly there again at the moment. For now, make sure you and your daughters are the absolute centre of ...
Joanna, A few things I have found help me over the last couple of years: Try and dress nicely every single day. And if you don't, doesn't matter. Wear a nice fragrance every day. And have different ones for different moods. One food-treat each week - mine is often bacon sandwich. Find those colleagu...
Thanks for the replies. I have reflected on what both you both said. You're right - if she'd wanted a secret joint there are many, many ways she could have done that far more easily. I'm guessing it was an attempt to get her mother to pay attention to her, but she got caught on the hop when I got ho...
Hi Joanna, We all know that stepping back is the right thing to do. But it's hard, real hard. And desperately lonely. Sometimes all I want is a real hand to hold. A couple of years ago I made the conscious decision to really put myself and my daughters first. I went out with colleagues each month an...
One day last week... It had all been a normal day. Thought I'd leave work early, for once. I'm fortunate that I have a job where can flex my hours at will. I just about make it to the car when my phone rings. DD school - her friends are concerned about the pages she is following on Instagram (yes, t...
Hi. I know roughly what you mean - my wife has been there on and off for the last 20+ years. There are many good times in there, but in my case the last 4 years have been pretty unrelenting. Almost all the people I have met over they years have recovered. Take care of yourself, first and foremost. I...