Dear Hannah I am so sorry you and your Dad have reached this point. I hope you will find that the Palliative Care team help you not just with the actual care but also with what they call 'difficult questions'. That is what happens where I live. They - or your Dad's GP surgery - might also be able t...
Hannah, I only found out all this stuff the hard way I'm afraid! Is there anyone close to dad who could have the "difficult" conversation with him, about how you will manage in the next few months, to help him sort things out for you? Dad needs some support and counselling as much as you do. Oh no ...
Hello Hannah Welcome to the forum. So glad you have found us. I won't be very much help to you, for which I am sorry. However, I do know there is fast tracking continuing health care. This is for people who need palliative care. It's really worth mentioning to your dad's GP. What an amazing daughte...
Hannah, We were typing at the same time! You most definitely ARE a carer, and have been for many years!! As you are working you won't be entitled to Carers Allowance, but you will be entitled to some support from Social Services. You can email your dad's doctor, but he will not be able to disclose ...
Hannah, Welcome to the forum. We will help and support you as long as you need us for. Dad is, I suspect, trying to deal with this himself, but may not realise how you are feeling. You will need a LOT of help, I'm dismayed that none has been offered. Ask dad's GP to refer him to your local hospice....
Hi Claire, I’m very new here and have just read your post and I feel like there are some areas that I can really relate to you. For example, I’m 22 and also care for a parent, I don’t have any emotional support either and I would also like to connect with people on here. As I say, I’ve just joined a...
Hi everyone, I’ve just joined and id like to know if anyone has experienced similar responsibilities to me & how to support a parent. My dad has had a very rare form of cancer for 11 years and has been very strong! I am 22 years old now and when I was 16 my mum walked out on my dad and I. It was ver...