[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
PS The old guy won't use the care home to cash cheques or draw money for him as he claims he does not trust them (he more or less hates everybody and trusts nobody). In reality I think he just prefers to use mum as he can rip her off and also he seems to get pleasure from controlling her. He sends h...
I like the idea of a separate account, by the way - that might at least prevent her withdrawing a lot of money if she does actually manage to get to the Post Office herself (the only place in her village she can withdraw cash as she cannot see to use an ATM). I don't think the PO should really be do...
Thank you Bowlingbun, and sorry to hear about the struggles you have had to keep your son's finances safe. Mum doesn't need cash except for a very small amount for things like putting in charity tins. In any shop she can use her contactless card but she is hardly able to shop on her own anyway and I...
Thank you Melly1. Mum met this chap in hospital recovering from a fall. I think she was thrilled because he called her darling and gave her attention at a time she was desperately bored and lonely. The more I have seen of him since then the more I think he is a classic abuser, latching onto someone ...
Thanks Chris!
Hi everyone - I need advice please. I have POA for my mum, together with my brother (but he is in Germany so doesn't actually do anything). So far it has been easy but mum has recently started to give cash to an old guy in a local care home for which she gets cheques in return. He does not trust the...
Thank you everyone. This is extremely helpful. I have added all your suggestions to my own list of questions. We are seeing the doctor today so your advice is very timely.
Thank you so much!
Thank you very much Chris. I am working my way through the documents. Forewarned is forearmed and all that...
Thanks!
Apologies for asking another question so soon after my last one, but it seems that my mum (86, blind, lives alone with great difficulty) is going to need abdominal surgery. We have a consultation tomorrow and while it will of course be mainly about the medical side I would like to aIso raise the iss...
Thanks Bowlingbun! I will keep that one up my sleeve for total desperation time. Great to have the nuclear button, maybe even just to mention it to the SS if necessary.