[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thank you all for your honesty. I know I need to hear some of it. I want to stress that my sons absolutely do come first, always, and that is why I am so strung out - it is always them, then him, then me in any odd minute that is left. I never work or do PhD stuff when they are home, it all fits in ...
I hope you have discovered the Autism UK site https://www.autism.org.uk Not only does it have lots of info but also has forums. I am concerned you don't seem to have any breaks or respite. Thank you. I have discovered autism UK but as you say there are fewer spouses on there and often they are very...
If money isn't an issue, why not give up work and use that as your "me"/study time? Then you will be relaxed and ready for your children, not tense. Because I'm keeping hold of my job in case he needs to give up his! Which I guess definitely falls into the category of letting him rule the roost and...
Rhona wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:20 pm
Things for me were improving unti recently. Now my dad is back in hospital and he's going to need even more care when he comes home.
I think it almost feels worse when you have had the hope that things were getting better!
Thank you to everyone for your posts. I think I have let him rule the roost a bit but over the last 18 months I have been trying to change that and do more things for me but I find it really hard. We have two boys (9 and 12) and I work during the mornings and am doing my PhD part time in the afterno...
Hi. I am a few years older than you now but I first met my now husband at university too and I have cared for him ever since although we only found out why I have had to this year when he was diagnosed with ASD and ADHD. I just wanted to say I totally get what you are saying. To me it has always bee...
Hi. I am new on here. I having been caring for my husband who has ASD and ADHD for the last 19 years even though I didn't realise that is what I was doing because he was only diagnosed earlier this year. Part of the assessment process made us realise just how much of what I do is not 'normal' for a ...