Just a thought, but have you read his medical notes? Remember the dreaded Liverpool Pathway (which I THINK is not applied any more?????? But check!) whereby they can't actually 'kill' a patient, or even administer so many meds (eg, opiates) that they 'die'... My husband was put on the Liverpool Pat...
Yes. I would see about updating your carers' assessment or start a new request if you haven't had one already.
Got a call from Adult Social Services today and it looks like there is more going on out there since my previous assessment.

I was told I would hear in about 6-8 weeks about the full assessment and the caller left me with a couple of phone numbers to be going along with
Another ploy is to offer " XYZ " to you ... free of charge but ... as someone will be needed to look after your caree , £ 15+ an hour for doing so ! End result ? 10 years of just me and my caree ! And that was 20 years ago ... before the advent of DPs and the disfunctional Care Act. Do they change ...
In my opinion a Carers Assessment is not worth the paper its written on! I had one a few years ago and I was at that time very low and howled the whole way through the assessment as things were all too much for me. The woman doing it was quite kind and said she would see what she could do to help a...
I think the carers assessment should look at helping you access work or education I wouldn't be able to work outside if I wasn't a carer as there are too many kinds of work I can't do.This is why I choose to work from home. I would only do on-line courses and all the advanced ones start at around £...
Shoot through 21 hours and then kiss goodbye to Carers Allowance. That might make more sense if it meant people who were at college all day and didn't have 35 hours spare but my caree is sat next to me as I study and get umpteen interruptions due to caring and can rarely study for more than 20 minu...
Education ? Don't lose sight of the 21 Hour Rule : https://www.carersuk.org/forum/news-and-campaigns/campaigns-petitions/21-hour-rule-ca-eligibility-studying-developments-29098 Thanks. I study on-line and maybe do 10 to 15 hours maximum. That could change if/when I have funding for more advanced co...
Gosport Nancy Do you need anyone to be with your caree while you are out? They may pay for sitting services. What is it you need help with? It's rare for any one person to be able to care alone 24/7 for any extended period Hi there I only go out when I need echocardiograms or need to see a consulta...
I can do little more than direct you to the 29 page document on CAs available on the main CUK site ... in .pdf. format : https://www.carersuk.org/images/Assessments_-_England_-_Update_Nov_2018_web_version.pdf That's what the book says ... practice is a post code lottery ... at best. Even length of ...