Heilo everyone Thank you Mre A I took your advice and reached out to three friends yesterday One seems to have backed off a bit since her birthday tea In all fairness to her, she is emotionally feeling very low herself That’s why I arranged a little birthday tea She’s 20 years younger than me and i ...
Hello everyone It’s been a little time since I last posted anything As some of you have advised, my husband is being fastracked for continuing healthcare and the hospice team is getting involved However it is impossible to predict how and when his health will decline to the “ end of life” stage He s...
Thank you Jenny Sorry it has taken so long to reply Tom is certainly putting up a good fight and even the GP said yesterday how much better he seemed His respiratory nurse is coming tomorrow to discuss his wishes and to help us look at a pathway of care when he needs it I favour hospice care at home...
Thank you Bowlingbun We have no room for a hospital bed which is sad as he is getting sore without a ripple mattress and electric backrests would be a great help I have been referred to the palliative care team and will ask for hospice care ar home My main problem is I can’t access most of these thi...
Thank you everyone who replied to my post since writing this my husband Tom has taken a turn for the worse He has a chest infection and renal complications I have been told by the GP that he may well be at the end of life Tom has said he doesn’t want to go to hospital and I am prepared to nurse him ...
I feel for you but you need to get help for yourself
Relate we’re offering free counselling for carers recently and I’m not sure if that’s still available
You need to be able to talk freely to someone who is not involved
Do seek some help and be kind to yourself
I’m very tired after years of looking after my husband with copd Recently he had his appendix removed which led to 7 weeks in hospital and was very weakened and de conditioned, lost about 2 stone in weight and cannot walk or move independently and has indwelling catheter He was discharged home with ...