"N" is for Nick Drake, the man whose voice and music soothe me so well!
Hey, all! I just came across some useful educational resources, and I believe these will come in handy for those who are involved in homeschooling and caring for children. I hope I've posted this in the right thread. 1. A list of verbs associated with Bloom's taxonomy. The page lists verbs for diffe...
I agree. It is definitely hard to be undesirable. It is a marginalized existence. It's as though we never outgrow our middle-school or high-school pettiness. We'd like to think otherwise, but our socialization just seems to teach us how to get the best out of desirable and undesirable people. We aim...
Ouch! But I see what you mean. :D
I cannot stand Woody Allen, or his films. I find him so repulsive. I am so agitated just thinking of him. Unsettling man, to say the least.
Hi, Jenny, Auden is one of my favorite poets. Do you like him, too? I'm sorry for having spoken about "curing" in a rather unclear manner. Most analysts believe that to be human is to also suffer. Happiness is happiness because it is best experienced in contrast to unpleasant, difficult feelings. Th...
Thanks, Jenny! Analysis, as practiced by Freudians and Lacanists/Lacanians, is more about enabling one to listen to oneself. That is, to listen to one's thoughts, anxieties, fears, etc. Analysis doesn't seek to "cure" anybody. It only aims to bridge that which is at the forefront of our conscious an...
HI, all!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. My sister and I are meeting an analyst--her analyst--later this week. We have different appointments, and we have both decided to seek analysis as opposed to counselling. :)
Hi, Jenny! Thanks a lot for your thoughtful posts. As for why my sister might be experiencing depression: It's our upbringing. Our parents were extremely abusive, and we no longer talk to them. It all started at home. Then, she has been enduring a very difficult marriage. I'm not sure yet why she at...