Hi Emma,

I’ve been reading your posts but haven’t posted much due to feeling a little helpless myself, but if it helps at all I understand a lot of what you’re feeling and going through. It’s tough and you sound very caring and understanding x
Thank you so so much for your detailed answers, i really appreciate just having a response so I don’t feel so alone! He has “always been like this” due to extensive childhood abuse and then I think the more failed relationships he has as a result of his outbursts, the more he is afraid of being aban...
Thanks,

Still really hoping for a reply... feeling very very alone. If something’s not clear in my post I can try to explain further :(
Hi all! I just joined and finally feel able to take on the 'carer' name (which has lifted a weight in itself), and feel like I could have also written half of these posts as the situations are often so similar. My boyfriend whom I live with has severe depression, self harms A LOT and has very bad br...
How did you get on Melissa? I can imagine that was really, really difficult. I read your post and could definitely imagine it happening to me and my partner - I would feel very torn too. I hope it worked out for the best and you were both safe. I do agree it's crucial to be able to "take the reigns"...