It is CRIMINAL to me for you to have given up doing a Masters degree to be mum's slave! Are you and mum having any sort of grief counselling? Does she realise that you too are grieving? (I ask because my disabled housebound mum was so self focussed that she was moaning to me that my dad had been ta...
Clare, if mum falls at night, do NOT pick her up. Ring the Ambulance service, it is part of their job. However, it highlights to me just how disabled mum is. Does she have a hospital bed to help her sit up? It's very sad that someone the same age as me is so disabled, but it does make me feel that ...
Hi Claire, if that's your real name, just change it to a "nom de plume". Your replies were really helpful. If mum owns her home, but has less than £23,000 in savings, then Social Services should be contributing towards the cost of her care after a financial assessment. If she now has carers three t...
Claire, what is wrong with your mum? Can you tell us more? You are sadly right - caring for her is robbing you of your precious youth. I think at 25, you are probably thinking 'my twenties are passing by'.....we become 'thrifty' about our years. At 22 you might have felt you have 'lots of time' ......
Morning Claire, I just wanted to say hello as I also joined this morning after a couple of incidents involving both parents in law. I know I am alot older than you but I do understand. We have my in laws live with us. MIL has Alzheimers, DIL is being assessed for Demetia, he also has Prostate Cance...
Claire, We may be able to help a bit to give you back the life you deserve. There is a fine line between depression and being utterly hacked off with a situation. If you are fine when away from mum then you are definitely hacked off. You DESERVE a partner, children, a life of your own, and we may b...
Hi, I’ve been caring for my mum since 2016. Was age 22 when she started to need help. I’m now 25, I live at home with her as her primary carer. She recently got access to carers and has them 3x a day ontop of my help. Her health declined after my sister passed away. She has mobility issues, depressi...
Hi I’m Claire, I’m 25 years old, I nanny in the evenings and taken a break from my masters to help my mum after a hospital bout. I live with her and always have, slowly became a carer over time as did more and more personal care of the years. Been a carer for approximately 2 1/2 years now. My mums h...