[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thank you for your input. I do understand it is a decision some people find easier to make than others and I have had a horrific experience when my father was dieing. He had lung cancer and we were trying to move him when he suddenly started dyeing. We called 999 and the paramedics arrived I instinc...
Thanks for taking the time to reply Melly1. That read was very shocking. I had no idea a doctor can make that decision. It seems some health professionals have been given so much power it's not right. I really feel they are now all just box tickers and not looking at people. The ironic thing is mums...
I'm dismayed. Are the saying whatever you decide they ARE going to put a DNR on file??? It is not their choice to make! Mum gave you POA when she was well because she wanted YOU to decide for her, knowing you love her, and she trusts you completely. I would lock the door and not let them in. I thin...
Oh Wendy, How stressful and worry inducing. On what grounds are they raising safeguarding issues? As your Mum can no longer speak, but is still has capacity, does she have a communication system in place? I suggest you read up on Elderly safeguarding so that you are prepared https://www.ageuk.org.u...
Hi, my siblings and I have been caring for my 86 year old mum since 2012. She has a form of MND and now cannot speak. She is compas mentus but struggles to make some decisions. We have POA for health decisions. This year whenever I gave had to speak to the GP about anything they always turn it askin...
[Hi Greta, Thank you for the advice. That certainly looks promising. He is dependent on mum despite him caring for her as without her he would be homeless. She still pays the bills and he runs the house. Many thanks Wendy Quote=Greta post_id=443983 time=1620564979 user_id=6730] I think you should co...
[Hi Nelly, Yes that is correct. we haven't asked them all as yet. Up until last night we thought the sister would be gifting her third to my brother. It does sound like a good option though and actually my dad said before he passed away in 2013 he would really like the house kept for us all in hard ...
Hi Suzie, There are 7 siblings so mums 2/3 is going to be spilt between 6 of us with remaining 1/3 going to the 7th sister. Really mum and dad should have taken the sister's name off the deeds years ago and did talk about it but they were disorganized and worked all the time ( they were nurses) . I ...
Hi Melly, Thank you for replying. Sadly it is in mums will and on deed of house that she owns 1/3 even though never paid a penny. She told me a number of times she would gift it to him now she says she will not. She owns 3 houses already. My brother is 62 We have spoke to mums lawyer who drew up the...
Hi, can anyone offer any advice or point me in the right direction for areally distressing family situation. My brother has been my 86 year old mother's main live in carer for the past 7 years. The house they live in is owned by my mother 2/3 and sister 1/3. My sister was going to help my parents bu...